Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ladder for back of boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default ladder for back of boat

I have a tracker trx 18 and was wanting to know if anyone has a ladder on the transom.. and if so how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

I put one on a Triton VT17. It works well.
    It was bought to settle down Mrs Stymie's fears of me drowning from a winter fall-in from not being able to get back in the boat. Luckily, never been used for that purpose, but we do use it a lot when I take the boys swimming in the summer.
    I got mine at bass pro. Bass Pro Shops - Folding Ladder - Universal Mount customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Post Thanks / Like

Boat came with one, almost a have too when you start getting old

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

thanks you two, gonna get one just don't know which one,,,.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    thanks you two, gonna get one just don't know which one,,,.
    I'm a winter walleye fisherman, often temps in the teens. Fall out of the boat you may die; no way to get back in the boat with 7 layers of clothes and a burrr suit. Get the three step fold up model. 20 years ago and 50 pounds I could scale over the side; I'd die now trying. Mine came from basspro also. It is something you may never need, but if you do need it, it is worth a million dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get it from Tracker marine as equipped for the factory through your closest BPS. I just installed one on my neighbor's Tracker 16 Pro Guide and the installation was straightforward and doesn't get in the way of anything.

Post Thanks / Like

As I'm fixin' to turn 52 and just had 2 total knee replacements last year, I think more about the perils of falling out of my boat while winter fishing alone. In frigid waters you only have about 15 minutes before you can't use your arms very well. I'm going to invest in a good Automatic Inflatable PFD before this winter and I think that I am going to make a strong rope ladder with hardwood steps that will attach securely about even with the back seat of my stick steer boat. This way I can swim up, reach over into the boat and grab the ladder. Pull it over the side and climb in. All tested out during the summer though with heavy cloths on and a friend in the boat.
    I had a 60 year old friend just lose his footing late one fall and fell out of his 14 foot flatbottom and he said he liked to never had gotten back in. He was fishing by himself without a life jacket on.
    I heard a very interesting fact about several men that had drowned during cold weather while fishing alone. 7 out of 10 were found with their zippers down. For heaven's sake get an old plastic coffee can and keep it handy to relieve yourself in then empty overboard. Have fun but "Be Safe".
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

My seaark is way too tall on the sides, love that rear ladder. Do it. We use it some when beached and swimming, but like said, it could be a lifesaver.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not talking about reaching into the floor from the water. I was thinking about attaching the rope ladder near the very top of the side where once I reached up I could get a hold of the ladder and feed it out to me. May not work at all but I need some way of getting back in. I have a small stick steering rig.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

it's a done deal, going to order it today .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast