Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapelo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapelo

Hello,

Heading to Wappapelo in 2 weeks. I have never been there. Should I expect them to be shallow? In the back of coves? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Larry

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to Wapp for a few weeks. You should still be able to find some fish shallow. Some will have spawned by then. Depending on the water level, I would either work the buck brush with a jig pole or spider rig the channel edges. If you've never been on Wapp before, pay attention to the channel marker buoys!!!! The bottom can come up under your boat real fast if you get in certain parts of the lake.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to a buddy this morning and the crappie are heading to the banks (in part of the lake). Catching good numbers and good sized fish right now. In two weeks it may all be different. Speck is right; Wappapello is still real low and you can find yourself in a foot of water when the bank is a mile away. The water is coming up right now and will be near summer pool in two weeks; still plenty of shallow water in the middle of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished out of Holiday Landing last weekend -they were off the channel in 6-7 ft. We caught 50 keepers over 3 days not great but the keeper to dink ratio was 1:8.
    We used blk/chartreuse jigs and minnows mostly.
    Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatrap View Post
    I talked to a buddy this morning and the crappie are heading to the banks (in part of the lake). Catching good numbers and good sized fish right now. In two weeks it may all be different. Speck is right; Wappapello is still real low and you can find yourself in a foot of water when the bank is a mile away. The water is coming up right now and will be near summer pool in two weeks; still plenty of shallow water in the middle of the lake.

What part of the lake fatrap? I will be going down Monday morning for a few days. I hope this cold spell doesn't disrupt them too much. Caught some good ones in Lost Creek a few weeks ago. I heard Asher creek is good right now but the it is 20-1 dink ratio.