Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: which rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Default which rod?

i have this ugly stick 4' 8" combo and a light action 5' 6" rod. i have a rapala countdown, and a road runner jig. the countdown is a 1 1/2" long lure, and the roadrunner is 1/16 with a vicious solid plastic tube. im having trouble choosing which rod to put either on. so, which rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing to do is just test them. You've only got two possible combinations, so try them both and see what feels best.

I makes no difference to the fish. It's how the lure/rod combination feels in your hands.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Although it's not much longer, the 5'6" may give you a little longer cast.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

That is close enough to flip a coin to decide. Line size being the same, close to the
    same results. JMO, I'd pick up the Ugly Stick and start fishin'. Tight lines to ya.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I bought the same ultra light shakespere ugly stick combo you got and found the rod that came with it was way to limber to do much of anything good with and went through about 5 rods before settling on a light action 5'6" clonon (sp?) rod I bought at Walmart, cant remember the price. I think it was rated for 1/8-3/16th ounce lures and 4-8 lbs test line. It has a fast action tip that allowed me to toss 1/8 th ounce jigs or rapala slash baits an amazing distance yet had enough back bone to allow me to control a fish in tight confines and keep it from tangling up on structure and breaking me off. Been using this rod now for about 4 seasons of hard fishing and have landed fish as heavy as 8 lbs on it. If you want the exact model rod, pm me and when I get off work I will look at it and tell you exactly what model of rod it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Abu Garcia conolon premier rod. I bought a 5'6" light action version at Walmart over the weekend. It was on clearance for $35. Great rose!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk