Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Input needed TRACKER Panfish Stick Steer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Input needed TRACKER Panfish Stick Steer

Found a deal on a TRACKER Panfish stick steer, with 30hp ELPT 4 stroke. Just wondering about the 30hp as enough motor on this rig. Really like the idea of not having to move around the boat. Get in sit down and Fish.......Any input would be appreciated.............Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i got a friend that has one and that exactly what he does, get's in, sit;s down and fishes. best i remember his might have a 40 on it. that 30 should do ok, i would just watch the winds on your bigger lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably run mid 20's, if your ok with that and the deal is right why not?

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 16' 2000 model with a 40hp. I like to say that the more I learn, the smaller it gets. I long line, spider rig, cast, and anchor with it. All of that requires carrying 9 rods and reels. I used to have an anchor winch on the stern. I finally burned it up and have not replaced it. I don't do as much anchoring as I used to. I recommend you install one if that is the way you like to fish. I like the fact that everything is controled from one seat. It is just getting too small for all of my tackel and gear.
    I have drove a newer one at 17' that had a 20HP one it. I didn't like that at all.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine had no carpet or niceties, abd was a 16' with a 25. Ran 22mph top end and made six trips on six gallons. I miss it all the time. The ride home is rough on big waters, being up front. Bad lower back, that was my main complaint.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

If you're fishing and not racing, it sounds like a good "economical" way to fish. Just don't get in big water on stormy days
    That motor should sip the gas!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend has one, every time we go out on large reservoirs, I don't think we ever take off our life jackets. Its a GREAT small lake/pond boat, but with the 30 on it, don't attempt large lakes. we have been in scenarios where storms rolled in and with the two of us and all our gear, we struggled badly to get to a safe spot. Go out on calm days with no chance of bad weather or high winds and its a pretty good boat...

Andy T

Post Thanks / Like

Ride in it first. Have a buddy with the same basic setup, and his boat rides low in the water. The front pushes a pretty good wake, and he claims its from all the plywood in a tracker. Just saying, cause I ain't got one.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of a 16' Tracker Panfisher for many years with my best friend. It is his boat. The particular reservoir we fish has HP restrictions, so he had it equipped with a 20 Merc 2-stroke (max. allowed). By GPS, our top end, with two fishermen and equipment, exceeded 22 mph. However, it is a narrow vessel, with not much storage room, nor walk-about room. And in rough water, it makes for a wet ride. The other thing is that after he had it for a few years, the stick steering loosened considerably and you have to keep a hand hold on it if you want to maintain a course. Other than that, it's a fine boat, as long as you're willing to accept it's limitations.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one with a 40 and it doesn't push water at all, plains out very quickly. Top speed is 28 mph when trimmed right. Sip gas- no but it isn't bad neither. Big waters with any wind is a no no but all the lakes I fish are big lakes with many ramps to choose from so I pick a ramp that is close to where I plan to fish. Riding in the front of the boat you will feel any and all bumps, bugs, rain drops and any other thing that is coming through the air or water. Once my ride is over I couldn't ask for more out of a 16' boat. I have spider rigged, nightstalked, shot docks, single poled, jigged, pulled cranks and longline out of this boat. I fish by myself 99% of the time so I use the front and the back seats on different trips and both seats are nice to fish from. Everything is right at reach and I never have to get up or move around once fishing. There isn't much storage but then again it is only a 16' boat. I keep 12 rods on the boat at all times ready to fish and 4 to 6 more in the rod boxes. I have tackle boxes and a tackle bag or two plus a small ice-chest in the floorboard and still have room to walk down one side from front to back. The livewell being in the center is great for fishing in the front or back seat.
    After I got the boat set up for my ways of fishing I couldn't ask for a better boat for what it was built for. Before this boat I had a 19-6 bass boat and because of fishing along it was to much to handle on most days. Been fishing out of my panfisher for 8 years and I'm sure if God is willing I'll be fishing out of it for a long time to come. Just don't ask more out of the smaller boats than they can do and you will be happy with them.
    Good luck with what ever you buy
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast