Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Driftmaster rod holder????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster rod holder????

I am lookig to get a few Driftmaster DUO rod holders. I was planning on getting the right and left thread models after reading complaints of them coming loose. I just talked to a guy who says that he uses flange nuts instead of wing nuts and that left threads are not needed. Any advice on this.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the lil pro driftmasters, all RH thread. I put one on the left side and it will come loose if I'm using it and the rod gets hung up, not when a fish gets on, just if there is alot of strain put on it from being hung up. I've thought about getting some LH threaded ones its a bit of a bother, but just haven't done it. If you use a pair of pliers, and snug the wingnut down, they stay tight. Flange nuts would work, but then your guaranteed to use a wrench.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 250H and no problems.Been using them for 4 years now.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been a guide for 15 years and never used a left hand rod holder. I do sell them however. They are not listed on my website but you can order them by either calling or requesting them in the comments section of our shopping cart. They will be drop-shipped to you from Driftmaster at our website prices. Our website is Extreme Fishing Concepts Best price on the Net. The reason I don't stock them is because less than 5% of my sales are left hand and therefore not cost efficient. Check us out.

Post Thanks / Like

The wing nuts does not do a good job of holding them, all you need to do is get you some regular 3/8 nuts and tighten them down and your problem is solved. I could tighten my wingnuts with channel locks and they would still come loose.

Post Thanks / Like

you could always use loc-tite on the wing nuts if you had too.

Post Thanks / Like

What are yall doing to them? Half the time I struggle to get my loose! I have to say I love mine. Theyre a little pricey per holder, but I have the utmost confidence in them. I was getting ready to switch, then made some t-bars....now in love with them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Yadkin
    Thanks for the info. I will check out the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker12 View Post
    I am lookig to get a few Driftmaster DUO rod holders. I was planning on getting the right and left thread models after reading complaints of them coming loose. I just talked to a guy who says that he uses flange nuts instead of wing nuts and that left threads are not needed. Any advice on this.
    He is correct. I use flange nuts on mine and the problem is solved. No special ordering required.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers