Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Jighead Color Really Matter?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Does Jighead Color Really Matter?

Does the color of a jighead really matter?
    Panfish Paladin

Post Thanks / Like

Green Chartruse and Pink is all I use - depending on water clarity. And sometimes them guys are just alittle picky and won't hit either one.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good question. I think the color of the jig is more important. I have switched jig colors using the same head color and have caught more on one jig color than another. I mostly usea white jig head and use chartreuse or white jig bodies. Granted I am in muddy waters, if in clear water it may be more of a factor.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the jig head color does make a difference. It will add to the size of bait you are presenting for one thing and can make a difference with the color of the jig body as to add a contrasting color to your presentation. It really makes a difference after a front moves through tho for what I have found. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Every aspect of what you fish with matters. Different contrasts throw off different shades in the water according to research. So just because you're using a pink jig head doesn't mean a fish sees it as pink. On certain days it's more visible than others. Quite frankly whatever throws off the most visible hue according to water conditions, sunlight, etc I feel is what draws a hit, not necessarily the color itself. I think if they see it, they hit it. If you're not getting hits and you're in the strikezone (depth), that color isn't very visible that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waxnslabs View Post
    Every aspect of what you fish with matters. Different contrasts throw off different shades in the water according to research. So just because you're using a pink jig head doesn't mean a fish sees it as pink. On certain days it's more visible than others. Quite frankly whatever throws off the most visible hue according to water conditions, sunlight, etc I feel is what draws a hit, not necessarily the color itself. I think if they see it, they hit it. If you're not getting hits and you're in the strikezone (depth), that color isn't very visible that day.
    Have to agree with you......some days it really don't matter they hit any color you throw and some days they get a little picky on the colors, and that is where it has to do with water clarity,sunlight etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Through the ice, I've seen a strong preference for a certain color or profile. Last winter I had a night that it was either red techniglo or skunk. Not even the red that glows yellow, it had to be the kind that glowed red. It sure wasn't fast fishing by anyone's standards, but a few in the pail beats staring at marks on the flasher in my book!

Everything seems to be more picky in the winter for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Some days it dont matter at all and some days it makes all the difference in the world.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I think it has a lot to do with confedese, if you ain't got it you want do as good. just my 2 cents. I use plain that I pour and don't ever doubt that I can go out and catch a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Crappie be every bit as picky as the most finicky trout to ever swim in water, where not only does color of the head and body matter but so does the size of the jig in question. I have had Crappie prove this point to me time and time again season after season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast