Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman 4-2

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 4-2

My tournament partner and I went on an adventure looking for some big fish. Put in at a big creek and took off up the creek. We stop a few places along the way when we marked some fish as we dropped into some deeper holes. Lots of small fish. We made it several miles up he creek almost to an area he had fished from the bank and we ran into a problem. Beavers had mad a dam all the way across the creek. So we fished around it and the bridge that had been blown out in the same spot. No luck at all and lots of snakes swimming around. Headed back out of there after wasting most all of the day. Got on a shallow flat out towards the main lake and started catching some fish. No big ones but several in the 11-12" range. I had to get back to town to pick up kids from school but was lucky enough to talk the youngest daughter into going back out while the wife and oldest kids got together a picnic dinner. Carly and I put back in and started where Jigginlow and I left off. Same bite same depths. No big ones but Carly my 5 year old caught a few fish and had a ball playing in the minnow bucket dipping them out for me. Fished 11-14 ft of water down 9-10 ft with jigs tipped with minnows. Color did not make any difference. Pulled out and had our picnic at the ramp with the rest of the family. Don't get much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time Jared.Dont get any better than fishing and picnics with the family
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure. Here is the next adventure that will have to be done just before daylight one day next week. Hope to get 25-30 more out in the next week or so. Should have got them done this winter but the dang fishing was to good to work on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't get any better than that, Jared. Glad you and Carly had a nice outing. Picnic lunch sounds yummy.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Great adventure minus the snakes of course.

Post Thanks / Like

You stay out of my lumber pile........... no wonder my stakes are missing.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I like the report and beds. Did you CR today?

Post Thanks / Like

I got plenty more where these came from. Endless supply but have rip them down into three piece as they are around 4 1/2-5" wide and five ft long when I get them. They should work all right. All I have is time and about $1.50 worth of Quickcrete I'm each one. Can't wait to run the side imaging over these and see the difference between them and the PVC beds.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day on the water Jared with friends and family. Life is good.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

You can go wrong with a day like that Jared. Congrats on the catch and the family time. Those stake beds look pretty good also.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast