Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: storm lures----beware of em..

Post Thanks / Like

Default storm lures----beware of em..

anybody using the storm 4 inch wildeye shad that comes six to a pack at wally world needs to be aware of what happend to me yesterday. we got into a school of stripers at wateree and the first fish i had on i lost. so i retied and saved the tag in of the first to see if i could see why the line broke. the line i was using was 12 lb spiderwire fusion. i got another hook up and got him to the boat and he come off to. so i looked at the knot and it was not broken. what had happened is the hook eye apperantly was not completely closed and the line was slipping through the gap in the hook where its bent aound in a circle . you cant see this gap cause its burried in the soft plastic of the body. needless to say, after that incident i couldnt give the things away. i switched to a road runner and solved that problem. there was three of us fishing and in less than an hour we boated 14 stripers out of 24 hookups. these things look pretty in the blister packs, but if they dont have better quality control than that, all that beauty is wasted. I couldnt give em away after what happened so they going in the trash..I am gonna complain to storm about it tho. ive got some of the wild eye in two inch lenghts that look like theyd work on crappie. havent used any yet, but after yesterdays incident, ill be looking for something to replace em for sure
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

Rango I have had the same thing happen fishing for drum and trout at the coast - I first thought bluefish were cutting them off until I got a big red fish up next to the boat and I got him netted and the same thing happended the line pulled right the hook - of course I was told my knots were not proper and everything else that I did wrong - I have caught some fish with these things but one bite just destroys them - sometimes just dragging them on the bottom will tear them up - the eyes fall out and the bodies get cut all to pieces - and fish will not touchem when the eyes come out - at least that has been my experience with the Storm Lures
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

crapking, i took the other four in that pack, took a piece of the same line i had on the reel, slid it over the eye at the joint. pulled and it slid right in the eye. Its pure poppycock anyone would blame us or the knots we use. if you push the plastic down, to where you can see the joint, the gap there is obvious. their quality control sucks. i wont be using em anymore, even tho they look almost good enough to fillet... an occasional equipment failure i can live with. but when a whole pack of these things have a gap like that, its time to squak.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the tip

We have some of those in our tackle, as well as the little crappie sized versions that Matzuo makes. I'll take a good look at them. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Can you close the gap with a pair of plyers?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default maybe

you could crimp them with pliers but the bait as attractive as it is I think is just poorly made
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!