Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which way are you guys catching them now

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which way are you guys catching them now

I am wondering which way are you guys catching crappie right now with minnows-with corks, letting the minnow sink to the bottom, etc? I am trying my new boat tomorrow and I would like to try to catch a crappie or two. Thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you how I am rigged for the morning with minnows. Water temp. at the river is upper 60's- low 70's. The bigger fish in the creek I am going to fishing are in 10 ft. of water hugging the bottom. My rig will consist of a 7'6" rod, with basic hook, sinker and a [I]slip bobber.[U] The slip bobber is important. Another rig you can use is putting the weight on the bottom and then one or two hooks at different depths on the line. This allows you to bounce bottom and "feel" what is down there. My problem with this rig is that tomm. it will be windy and I will not be able to keep the boat positioned near the structure w/o making a significant amount of noise with the trolling motor. This is why I am going to use the slip bobber rig. I can anchor away from the structure being quiet and also fish the correct depth.

There are a lot of different rigs you can use and what you have to do is tinker with all of them and understand the pros and cons of each so that when the time comes you can make a concise decision about which is best for you current situation.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

this time of year ya need to go prepared to cast jigs or slipbobbers, flatline troll or titeline troll....some many options...so little time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same ol' same ol'

I,m verticle jigging. Quit the slip corks about 2-3weeks ago. Not catching many yet, but they should start ganging up in brush pretty quick.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught about 50 last Saturday trolling jigs in about 4 hours. Most were dinks that I threw back. After reading another post, I wished I would have kept mor of them now.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff