Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak in Indian Creek, 20 pound Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak in Indian Creek, 20 pound Blue

I fished Indian Creek for a couple of hours after work today. Kept 6 Crappie, tossed back a couple of dozen. I couldn't keep the Catfish off my jig rods. I lost several Blue Catfish in the 10 to 20 pound range. I kept a 6 pound Channel Catfish and two Blue Catfish, one weighing 10 pounds and another around 20 pounds. Yes, a 20 pound Blue Catfish on a 10 foot jig rod with 6 pound test line in a kayak. I had to just lay the fish between my legs in the kayak, crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Only you Ditch Basser - that's AWESOME. I put in around Ditto around 9 am on Sunday - my new "wheels" worked pretty good, and I put in where you and I took out last time. There were 2 guys bank fishing at the old pump house where we portaged - no crappie, just bass and cats. After about 10 minutes of jigging, I noticed water in my kayak - and decided to pull it out to look. Sure as shooting - I must have poked a hole while dragging last time- it's about the size of a pencil, so I cleaned the spot, slathered it with PVC pipe glue and layered on several pieces of plastic from a cut up motor oil bottle ...we'll see how she holds up. One day when you plan to hid Indian Creek again, call my cell by - say 2 PM and I can meet you some where off of I-565.
    Z

Post Thanks / Like

Z-man,

Sounds good! I may head back to Ditto this weekend on Saturday morning. I've got Crappie in the freezer, put would love to get some fresh fish while the catching is so easy! I'll give you a call Friday night if it looks like I'm going.

By the way, that catfish pulled me all over the place!!

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  34.8 KBName:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  22.1 KB

I kept four Crappie. Two were 13 inches and two were 15 inches. I also lost a Crappie that was larger, around 17 or 18 inches and close to three pounds! I would have got that one mounted if he hadn't pulled lose.

Post Thanks / Like

can you post a picture of your rig. (kayak i mean)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to get time to take a photo today.