Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just How MANY?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just How MANY?

How many "chef's tidbits" (small filets) do you eat while the fish is frying. We usually cook 10-15 pieces at a time so sometimes we have to do several batches...That first batch to come out usually gets eat up by the guys standing around the fryer...I myself, will usually crush about 4 pieces just to make sure the spice and cook time is all good. How about some of yall?

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nearly full

I eat so many while cook'n I'm nearly full by the time to sit down !:D This was started by my dear departed Dad. When we cooked fish , him , my sons and I had to sample every batch out of the deep fryer!:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm doin the frying...I usually don't sit down to eat when it's all done!!! I can't keep my fat fingers out of any fresh fried fish! Along with the chips we make I'm full before I'm done cooking! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I get so upset with my Father-in-Law when he does a big fish fry because nobody can eat any fish until the whole meal is cooked. By the time we set down to eat the fish is just warm at best.

At home we have a 6 quart deep fryer (elec.) that we set up on the counter to cook our fish in. I start out cooking some fries to make sure that the grease is good and hot. I'm also making bar-b-que beans on the stove. Then I cook a few pieces of fish. We start eating after the first fish comes out. I'll cook the rest while we're eating.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

We usually save some of the backbones and tails that we accidentally left a little meat on and fry them along with a couple of beer. Used to be a every sat nite thing for us when I still lived close to family. Good memories.

Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday Night I was full when I finished cooking. WE had crappie, Home fries, And onion peddles & hush puppy's man it was good. WE all eat as I cook. and most of them just eat a piece of fish and a hand full of my hush puppy's. Then eat at meat time. but not me. I eat the first piece to make sure and the then all the way until I'm full LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

any cooking done outside, im usually the one thats doing it while everyone else is inside enjoying the cool ac or just laying around. i usually am full time i get done cooking, wether its fish or steaks.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

At my house--NO sampling allowed ! Except for the cook.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot man.......... you gotta sample.

How else is anybody going to know if them filets and hushpuppies have been posioned? Heck I consider it my duty and put my life on the line just so everybody else can eat with no worries! And dang it I have to defend that right everytime we fry!:D

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

slice thin eat it raw...to heck with waiting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast