Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for new boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for new boat?

I have a 22' jon boat and its a hassle to hold in the high winds on the big lakes. Im thinking of trading in for a fiberglass boat. Do you guys have any suggestions on a fiberglass boat with room for 3 people to crappie fish. I was thinking 19-20' long probably and have been looking at Nitros and Tritons. All input would help. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking at new boats? I have a 2009 RANGER ANGLER 1760 and absolutely love it. The wind does not bother it at all. I would highly recommend a RANGER FISHERMAN or ANGLER 1860. The Triton and Nitro boats are too light on the front and the V is not deep enough to handle strong winds in my Humble opinion! Keep us posted on your choice and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Go over and take a peek at them guys on walleyecentrals boats. Some fine trollin boats over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tank88 View Post
    I have a 22' jon boat and its a hassle to hold in the high winds on the big lakes. Im thinking of trading in for a fiberglass boat.
    Boy Brother I hear what you're sayin'!!! I just sold a 2072 Fisher with a 115 Optimax. I loved that boat except when the wind blew, which is pretty much all the time here. If you hit the main part of the lake with the slightest amount of chop, it would just beat you up and stuff would be bouncing all over the place. Can't keep my 1197 nor the 798 straight even with RAM mounts! The slightest wind would also blow you all over the place making it hard to stay over a brush pile.

So I was thinking either a fiberglass bass boat or a aluminum bass boat with a lower profile and a more pronounced V up front. I like the look of the Tracker aluminum bass boats, just not sure how they'll perform in the wind. I'm looking forward to hearing from those who've ran both!

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta Ranger 354V (is about 18ft) and it is one of the best boats I have been in with wind. A buddy of mine has a tracker crappie boat and we can both set up side my side drifting with the wind and in about 5 minutes he is 30 or 40 yrds from me and I have only moved a few feet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tracker pt175, wind drives me crazy, sometimes wish I had a glass boat.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

My Alumacraft Trophy is a deep v hull and takes the wind very well
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

You can;t go worng with a Ranger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS WILLIS View Post
    You can;t go worng with a Ranger.
    My problem with Ranger and many other Bass Boat models is that they have one livewell at the rear. I need one that has a livewell at the front also, preferably at the rear of the seat on the front deck. I hate getting up every time you catch a keeper and walking to the back or chunking it at an open livewell in front of the console. Needless to say, a "must have" on my next boat will be two livewells, one front and one back.

Post Thanks / Like

My Ranger Angler 1760 has a livewell up front that will hold thirty good crappie and the back livewell will hold more than you want to clean. I agree with your comment about two livewells and I really like my cooler up front also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast