Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small spinning reel recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small spinning reel recommendations?

I have a 4'6" ultralight rod that needs a reel. I'm thinking about a Pflueger Trion GX because they have a good reputation and are only about $30.

Any other good matches for an ultralight rod in that price range?
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the Pflueger reels myself... I mostly use the Pflueger Presidents but that Trion would work just fine!

Post Thanks / Like

When I started buying Crappie gear, I started buying Cardinal 101's from Wal-Mart. Nice reels and hold enough line for Crappie. I bought extra figuring I'd need some for parts. So far none have conked out on me in 3 years of heavy use.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Cardinal reels here. I have several 5'6" light rods with 4-6lb test on these reels and they have given me no problems over the past three years or so. They are also heavily used by a 6 and 9yr old, so I've been pretty happy that they've survived this long.

Post Thanks / Like

i've had good luck with the bps micro lites. i got a couple when i went down to the bps catalog store that sells repaired returns. got the micro lites for 5bucks a piece. figured for that price couldnt be that bad. ended up getting that and one of those bps yellow rods that had a tip replaced total was 12bucks. got it for a spare rod for others to use and ive ended up using it more then anything. 4lb p-line and a weighted float the whip of the rod chunks it a long ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger and cardinal's both are good reels.
    RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT!

"Life is like a coin, you can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once"

Post Thanks / Like

Any reel......as long as it says Shimano some where on it. For 30 buck I go buy the 1000 Sienna. Although the Trion is a decent reel, my son fishes with one, I just don't like the wooden knob handle.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Okuma Avenger 15A. I have one on my UL rod, got one for my son for his light action rod, and I have the 20A on my medium action rod. I am a great fan of the Okuma reels. Highly recommend them.
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

cardinals as well for me. own four total in three different sizes. havent had any issues, AS LONG as you keep them oiled up

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is not in your price range, but for about $100 you can get a Daiwa SS 700. It's 7 ounces, completely bulletproof, and has one of the best drags ever. I've got two that are 15-20 years old, and they still work great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast