Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tournament

Someone wrote they would like to see us on here to have a fun Crappie Tournament have in Missouri.

Would anyone be interested in this?

What would other think about a summer Crappie Tournament at night. Maybe from 6 pm to 6 am. I would love to see a Crappie Tournament at either Norfork or Bullshoals. I would be will to help work on having one on these lakes.

duane
    [email protected]
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Someone wrote they would like to see us on here to have a fun Crappie Tournament have in Missouri.

Would anyone be interested in this?

What would other think about a summer Crappie Tournament at night. Maybe from 6 pm to 6 am. I would love to see a Crappie Tournament at either Norfork or Bullshoals. I would be will to help work on having one on these lakes.

duane
    [email protected]
    Sounds like fun Duane. Never fished all night. It would be an experience.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am up for it

I would be willing to do a tourne, but I dont think that I would be up to do one for 12 hours. That is a long time out in the boat, maybe 4pm to 12am. I do like to fish at night but really dont like traveling in the boat at night. I fish truman at night only becuase I know the lake very well. But you never what might be floating out in the water. Speaking of floating items I was running down LOZ this weekend at full tilt and almost hit a 4x4 post floating sideways in the water. I would of hate to see what that puppy would have done to my boat or motor.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default your lucky

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I would be willing to do a tourne, but I dont think that I would be up to do one for 12 hours. That is a long time out in the boat, maybe 4pm to 12am. I do like to fish at night but really dont like traveling in the boat at night. I fish truman at night only becuase I know the lake very well. But you never what might be floating out in the water. Speaking of floating items I was running down LOZ this weekend at full tilt and almost hit a 4x4 post floating sideways in the water. I would of hate to see what that puppy would have done to my boat or motor.
    that would did some damage, the hell with the boat or motor, what would it done to you.
    I hope to meet you in person some day. Would not want to learn something happen before I got that chance.
    4 to 12 would be great.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Well true it might have throw myself out of the boat. But I always wear my lifejacket and the kill switch attacted to the jacket. Worse off I was about 15 miles from the boatramp, and not many people out on the water. Could have been hell getting a tow back to the ramp.

We could always do a day tournament, then have a fishfry and beer drink afterwards?? I have never fished either one of those, do they have standing timber, docks, brushpiles? I am always up for fishing new places.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Well true it might have throw myself out of the boat. But I always wear my lifejacket and the kill switch attacted to the jacket. Worse off I was about 15 miles from the boatramp, and not many people out on the water. Could have been hell getting a tow back to the ramp.

We could always do a day tournament, then have a fishfry and beer drink afterwards?? I have never fished either one of those, do they have standing timber, docks, brushpiles? I am always up for fishing new places.
    Bull Shoals has some Timber standing still along bluffs and they have more docks now then when I was younger fishing it but the Gov does not give out many permits for privite docks.
    Norfork I have only been on once and that was last Thanksgivening weekend and we had a lot wind so did not fish much, but does not have timber like Bullshoals.
    Last edited by duane; 11-22-2004 at 01:25 PM.
    Duane

Crisp Guest

Neither Bull or Norfork have much timber in them, they do have alot of brush piles in them thanks to the donations of the christmas trees. :D In order to find crappie on bull shoals you have to find the brush piles. You will find alot of them in the deep pockets along the bluffs and thats where I usually find the fish this time of year. The problem with bull shoals is it is a flood control lake and you have to keep up with the different depths of the different brush piles in order to find the fish because it gets raised and lowered alot. Norfork is alot easier to keep up with and has alot of brush piles in it also. I have fished these 2 lakes for about thirty years and still haven't got em figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp
    Neither Bull or Norfork have much timber in them, they do have alot of brush piles in them thanks to the donations of the christmas trees. :D In order to find crappie on bull shoals you have to find the brush piles. You will find alot of them in the deep pockets along the bluffs and thats where I usually find the fish this time of year. The problem with bull shoals is it is a flood control lake and you have to keep up with the different depths of the different brush piles in order to find the fish because it gets raised and lowered alot. Norfork is alot easier to keep up with and has alot of brush piles in it also. I have fished these 2 lakes for about thirty years and still haven't got em figured out.
    We stay at Pontiac and fish mainly between point 12 & 13. I have fished Spring creek in the spring of the year for both crappie and white bass.
    Duane

Crisp Guest

There is alot of good fishing in that area. Spring Creek is my favorite part of the lake and is really good in the spring of the year. There is alot of good crappie fishing in the the little northfork arm all the way to Theodosia. Most all of the bluffs and small coves on the main arm has brush piles in them. I set out about 20 years ago to learn only a certain area of bull shoals at a time and when I thought I had I would move to another area, well I am still in the Pontiac to Theodosia area and still not ready to move on. I have caught alot of fish there and have never found any reason to go anywhere else. I do fish other parts of the lake from time to time, but I am always more confident with that area. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp
    There is alot of good fishing in that area. Spring Creek is my favorite part of the lake and is really good in the spring of the year. There is alot of good crappie fishing in the the little northfork arm all the way to Theodosia. Most all of the bluffs and small coves on the main arm has brush piles in them. I set out about 20 years ago to learn only a certain area of bull shoals at a time and when I thought I had I would move to another area, well I am still in the Pontiac to Theodosia area and still not ready to move on. I have caught alot of fish there and have never found any reason to go anywhere else. I do fish other parts of the lake from time to time, but I am always more confident with that area. :D
    I caught a few nice crappie North of Theodosia last April. Not sure the name of the arm I was fishing but was on the right just north of the bridge. Fished the bridge a few time but not much luck. Is there brushpiles on the south side of the bridge pillars?
    Duane

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast