Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you guys used the 1" Gulp Minnows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have any of you guys used the 1" Gulp Minnows?

Have any of you guys used the 1" Gulp Minnows? If so, what colors worked the best for you? Also, I was wondering if you kept them in their original conatiner or if you put them in something else since the jars they come in supposively leak? I usually wear a vest and there isn't any way I can keep the jar upright which is about the only thing stopping me from buying some today! So what do you guys put them in?

Thanks,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used the 1" yet. But I can tell you ,if you plan on taking them out of their original container. They will dry out unless you use a ziplock bag with some of the juice in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 2 inch and have never had a problem with the container leaking
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

One inch in shad, zip lock bag w/juice-no air. Roll it and stow it.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Love the 1" smelt. I buy them in the jar. More for the buck and more convenient. When they are slow I use the 3" in watermelon pearl. have caught some nice ones on them. Perch, crappie, bass and yes catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that I have ever seen the 1" I think that the ones that I use are 2" and normal minnow colour.
    I hate the viploc bags that they come in .... I don't think I have ever had one open so that it can be zipped closed.
    I end up puting the ziploc bag in another ziploc back...Maybe I am doing something wrong (any suggestions?).
    Another thing that I got in the habit of doing is puting my tubes that I will be useing for the day in with my gulps.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any luck out of the 1" gulp minnows that come in the jar?

Post Thanks / Like

YES I have, in Smelt and Luma Glow colors. Have had very good luck with them and they catch a lot of fish per bait. Have hooked the bait on a little jig head the usual way, hook in the nose and run towards the tail and out the back. If it gets worn out and won't hang right that way run the hook out the side,the fish don't care. This is the only bait that I can say that about. My only complaint is you have to clean your fingers off after you dip into the bottle, the stuff is slimy for sure. You won't regret using it. STEVE

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. It works great for pond fishin'... Try puttin' em on a 1/16oz. road runner and flippin' em around.. U will be amazed.. Good buy!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to get some to try... I was thinking the black shad looked good and the luma glow but the smelt seems to look appealing also. Ahh so many choices!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast