Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton 3-30 & 3-31

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton 3-30 & 3-31

Met up with group of friends friday night at the Aldrich ramp around 6:30pm water was dingy and water temp was around 64. we tied up and fished over brush in 13 to 16 ft using minnows.i left at 10:3pm with 7 keepers. the action was quite a fast as it was three weeks ago my boat really had to work hard for those 7. i dont have an offical count yet on how many keepers the group had but when i left one boat had 12 crappie 2 white and few good gills and the third boat had 4 crappie. i was suprised on how few bugs there were flying around our lanterns thought with the warm weather there would a lot more.

i left early because i had made plans the meet chase26 @ 5:30 the next morning. we put in a Bona at 6:30am fished a spot we have real close to the ramp water was clearing up and 65. i had decided to use a minnow under a bobber. threw it up on the bank and it didnt sit more than 3 minutes and i had my first keeper. i think with in the first 10 minutes we had 4 keepers in the boat and caught a small bass. that spot was on fire from the time we pulled in till about a hour after daylight. i think we heard ever gobbler in the area also. we caught fish on crappie jigs and minnows from right on the bank to about 6ft off. after the first hour out of day light we thought i was going to be along day untill one of use had broke off and chase26 backed off the spot for a few minutes and then i tried to make a long cast to the bank from where we were at (sitting in 25ft) i caught a keeper crappie in 15ft about halfway back to the boat. and then right after that i dropped a minnow to the bottom 25ft and within seconds caught a 15.5 walleye! the fish had backed off the bank! we left that spot with 3 keeper walleye and around 12 keeper crappie between to two of us! didnt matter what color jig they hit everything at this spot. we spent the rest of the day between high boat and the island outside of turkey creek water had good color and was 65. here u seemed to have to have chartuse mixed in on ur jig. and we still caught fish with minnows the rest of the day! we finished the day with 25 keeper crappie and 3 keeper walleye! awesome day on the water!

the first picture my boats keepers from friday night and the other is chase26 and i from yesterday!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Heck ya nice report. I have done just about the same fish up close then back off. Sure is fun.

Post Thanks / Like

by golly I would say you did well sir, congrats. on the fine two days.keep it going.

Post Thanks / Like

finally tally on friday night was 27 keepeer crappie 2 white bass and 4 gills that was between 6 of us! all caught on minnows, the other two boats left around 2am saturday morning!
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good night on the water.