Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First fishing trip this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default First fishing trip this year!

Made it down to the lake this afternoon after we mowed the lot. I promised the wifey that we would do some bank fishing after we got the lot mowed. The wind was blowing WNW so we went down to the dam on the south side of the lake. They have a fishing dock there for the bank fishermen. I get my boat home this next Sat. so am bank fishing until then. The wind was blowing towards us and so it was bringing the baitfish to us. That will usually stack up the fish after the baitfish. I started with a 1/16th lead head jig with a red hook with a chartruese RR umbrella tail. A couple of casts and had the first nice Black Crappie male. My wife was using minnows on a red hook with a split shot about a foot up the line. She started with a bobber set about 2-1/2 to 3ft above the hook. She was catching small gills. I started casting out deeper and started catching more Crappie, so I told her to take the bobber off and let the bait fall down deeper, and then just bring it in slow. She caught an 18-1/2 inch Walleye. She asked if we had a net along. I told her to keep it moving back and forth until I got there. I took the line and guided the fish to the bank in the rocks and tried to pull it out of the water to where I could get ahold of it. The line broke and the fish was tired enough that it layed there a bit until I jumped down and grabbed the fish by hand and got it on the bank. It could have swam away if it wanted too. I never would have heard the end of that one if it had gotten away.
    We brought 6 fish home so have enough to stink up a skillet. We had 1 Walleye, 1 nice Bluegill, and 4 nice Crappie. 1 black male Crappie and 1 white male and 2 white female crappie loaded with eggs. When I cleaned the Bluegill it had a Mister Twister tail in its stomach. I had switched to a Berkleys Punkinseed and Chartruese twister tail and then started catching the White crappie. I caught 6 Smallmouth Bass but let them go. We caught quite a few fish but just kept the 6 that we brought home.
    I will get the pictures on here tomorrow. It has been a very long day here. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I got the pictures from yesterday's fishing trip from the bank.

Name:  DSCN0149.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  50.8 KBName:  DSCN0151.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  52.3 KBName:  DSCN0152.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  32.8 KBName:  DSCN0153.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  29.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome EB. I am glad that you got that walleye, lol.

I didn't have an chance to make it out Saturday since my future brother-in-law took my car to clean and detail it at his job for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice...