Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: video your fishing trips

Post Thanks / Like

Default video your fishing trips

don't quite know which forum to post this , but what would be a good camera/ set-up to film a video of yourself fishing and hopefully catching fish. I would like to film and edit videos, and post to a website like you tube , or a forum. Any help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

"Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Just as important as the camera, is the software you'll use to edit the video. It also helps to have a fast computer with lots of RAM memory.

I use Pinnacle Ultimate Studio. It's okay but certainly not the best out there. I can't recommend it because of a Pinnacle business practice that your lease of the software is only for two years. It continues working after two years but you can't move it to a new computer, get support, etc. with out buying an upgrade that costs about 90% of what you paid for the software in the first place. Basically you have to repurchase the software every two years.

Anyway, the moral of the story is figure out what software you want to use, then choose a camera that is compatible with the software. And don't rely on the camera-maker or software company for data on compatibility (every one of them will say "Yes, we're compatible with XXX" when they know they aren't. Check with real users on video forums.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln