Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cleaning mildew from boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cleaning mildew from boat

Got my boat back today after being repaired, didn't have time to fish today because of church tonight, but did a little spring cleaning of the boat in the time I had. Seats washed up real good, but couldn't seem to remove the mildew from my dash. Boat sits under a canvas most of the time, no room in the garage unfortunately, everything gets covered in mildew because of the condensation under the cover. What do you guys use to remove mildew off your boats? I even tried tile x and it didn't move it, but worked ok last year. I wonder if it's just old.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

"Mean Green" works for me ......
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Clorox will clean vinyl siding on the house with just one spray down, don't know if you would use it on a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try 1/2 cup clorox to 2 quarts water, put it in a spray bottle and spray the dash. Wait a few minutes and wipe it down. Protect your carpet below the dash. You may have to apply a second spray and wipe. But, Clorox will kill mildew! Apply some wax to the area when finished.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't leave a bleach solution on vinyl seats or such as that, it takes the elasticity out of the material and makes it brittle. Should you use it to clean, rinse thoroughly.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the seats, you may want to apply some armour all. Be careful you can slide out off them easly.
    Also, you need to open your vent in the boat cover, if you don't have one maybe get one installed to control the condensation.