Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Odessa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Odessa

Herb, are the Crappie biting on Odessa? They should be biting by the tubes by now.
    I don't know where Hard Scratch Ridge is, but have been in Wapello a few times.
    I'm heading to Rathbun in the morning, rain or shine, have had this planned for a while. Going back next weekend for the tourney, hope the weather straightens up by then.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Odessa is puking out a lot of bullheads and cats now I hear. Haven't heard anything on the crappies. I only live a mile and a half from the lake and never fish it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

why don't you fish there anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for most of the year the lake is drawn down to encourage vegitation growth for the ducks. That in itself is not bad, but, the lake has filled in so much over the years that it's hard to get around anymore with out a go devil or something simular.
    Also, the pelican and cormorant population is growing more every year, and getting to the point of competing with the fisherman for the few and I mean FEW available fish.
    Yeah, there are still crappies and gills in the lake, but just not enough to spike my interest anymore. I'll gladly drive the 2 1/2 hours to Rathbun for a quality fishery.