Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE GOOD, THE BAD, and THE UGLY

Post Thanks / Like

Default THE GOOD, THE BAD, and THE UGLY

Went fishing with my friend Wayne today, weather was great, sun shine, low winds, and the fish were biting. Caught lots of crappie with a few yellow bass and a catfish thrown in, the makins of a near perfect day. Had a period of about 1/2hr long about 3:00pm when we were having fire drills with multiple rods going down at once. Had one 12ft rod break in half under the weight of a fat female with eggs. Wayne lost a 12ft rod over the side when it slid across the rail it was leaning on. Then on the way home from the lake had a low hanging tree branch hit the pontoon boat where my rods were resting on the rail under the canvas top, and snap two more rods in half. I think we ended the day with about 35 good fish, 3 broken rods, and one on the bottom of the lake. Worst part was having to tell the wives about the rods. Now I gotta come up with some cash to replace the three that got broke. When is fathers day? Hey girls, Daddy needs new rods!
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

What a rough day, I lost one in the water a week and a half ago when the bite was real good. It seemed to slow down a bit on Priest. I am glad you found some with size. I caught about 20 today during a quick 1.5 hour trip. Only one was a keeper though. I kept a few bluegills too. I was catching them in the river by the east/west fork split. i was catching them 6-8ft deep on the edges of the channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's a rough day on the rods!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Tough (and expensive) day for sure! But at least you caught some nice fish.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a rod I had for 10 yrs Monday laid it down looked away for a minute,my brother was yelling it me but I was thinking he had seen a snake so is I turned around to LOOK to see my pole takeing off like greased lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the lost/broken rods but thank goodness I'm not the only one who's lost a rod! I set mine down to take a cell phone call. I was just getting ready to put my foot on the handle, when "Whoosh...", the rod shoots off into the water.

And it was my only rod. I really felt like a fool, walking home with a tackle box, net, etc. and no rod...
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bad day. Son and friend borrow one of dads boats and comes home with bad news.Lost the 35 hp motor off the boat ,fell in the lake! Fatherhood is sometimes overated LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Expensive trip!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishmanjoe View Post
    What a rough day, I lost one in the water a week and a half ago when the bite was real good. It seemed to slow down a bit on Priest. I am glad you found some with size. I caught about 20 today during a quick 1.5 hour trip. Only one was a keeper though. I kept a few bluegills too. I was catching them in the river by the east/west fork split. i was catching them 6-8ft deep on the edges of the channel.
    We were up in there two weeks ago before my Texas trip, had about 22 good ones that day and lots of shorts, they were in 12 fow on channel edges.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfoot View Post
    This is a bad day. Son and friend borrow one of dads boats and comes home with bad news.Lost the 35 hp motor off the boat ,fell in the lake! Fatherhood is sometimes overated LOL.
    I think I would have sent him back to the lake, and told him not to come back without the motor!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast