Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood River Slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blood River Slabs

My brother Dan and I took our grandsons out this week on Blood River for some crappie. The crappie were good but they did seem to slow a little after a cold front passed Saturday evening. Most were blacks with a few whites. Crappie bit best early and late. We used jigs only, casting to banks and submerged stakes and brush in 3 to 10 feet deep. Midday we hit the banks and got into some really good bluegill action to keep the boys interest up. We are hoping some day they can run the boat, tie on jigs, untangle birds nests, fetch us a pop, etc. for us while we lay back and enjoy the ride!

Old Guide
    Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Pics

Hey Old Guide,
    You are one lucky feller spending time with your grandkids. It don't get no better than dat! I am thinking of coming down to Blood for the first time and practice for a CUSA tourney out of Paris. Looks like Fish Tales Lodge is the place to be. You all healed up it looks like. Thanks for sharing your joy!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

yup can't wait until my one year old grandchild is old enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. Glad to hear had a good time. Just like me and my dad going out fishing good times. I'm heading down in a few weeks for my first time. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s the only way to keep kids away from those stupid hand held games and x-boy crap now days.
    Take them fishing, hunting, hiking or whatever get them out and keeps them busy.
    Nice seeing that !!!

Post Thanks / Like

You are right guys. I am lucky and blessed. I have worked years as a police officer and I have usually seen that kids that start out fishing and hunting don't end up in trouble as adults. Yet bleeding heart liberals still want to take guns away and outlaw hunting and fishing as being cruel. Makes sense huh! It doesn't matter how that poor steer is treated before it becomes the hamburger they eat tonight as long as they don't see it. I heard a saying years ago that if you take your kids hunting you will never have to hunt for you kids. I believe the same is true about fishing too.
    Old Guide
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said SIR !
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guide View Post
    You are right guys. I am lucky and blessed. I have worked years as a police officer and I have usually seen that kids that start out fishing and hunting don't end up in trouble as adults. Yet bleeding heart liberals still want to take guns away and outlaw hunting and fishing as being cruel. Makes sense huh! It doesn't matter how that poor steer is treated before it becomes the hamburger they eat tonight as long as they don't see it. I heard a saying years ago that if you take your kids hunting you will never have to hunt for you kids. I believe the same is true about fishing too.
    I agree with you sir. Where a outs is the creek your fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fred,

We fished Blood River which is in the south end of Kentucky Lake, still in Kentucky close to Murray, KY. You can go a few more miles south to Cypress Bay before hitting Tennessee. If you come out of Blood and go straight east you are fishing Tennessee waters. Lucky for Blood fishermen we do have a reciprocal agreement with Tennessee which allows us to fish south to the 79 bridge on our Kentucky license.

I took the kids across to the LBL one day but things were slow there so we stayed in Blood most of the time. No real pattern to our fishing as we found fish from the mouth of Blood all the way back towards Crappie Hollow. The crappie are really spread out right now. That is one reason I like pre-spawn better than the spawn. I find fish more grouped up. But good numbers are still being caught, we just have to sort through a lot of smaller fish to get a mess.

Good Luck!

Lyndon
    Old Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guide View Post
    Hi Fred,

We fished Blood River which is in the south end of Kentucky Lake, still in Kentucky close to Murray, KY. You can go a few more miles south to Cypress Bay before hitting Tennessee. If you come out of Blood and go straight east you are fishing Tennessee waters. Lucky for Blood fishermen we do have a reciprocal agreement with Tennessee which allows us to fish south to the 79 bridge on our Kentucky license.

I took the kids across to the LBL one day but things were slow there so we stayed in Blood most of the time. No real pattern to our fishing as we found fish from the mouth of Blood all the way back towards Crappie Hollow. The crappie are really spread out right now. That is one reason I like pre-spawn better than the spawn. I find fish more grouped up. But good numbers are still being caught, we just have to sort through a lot of smaller fish to get a mess.

Good Luck!

Lyndon
    ?... Sounds good. I been fishing the creek over here in the ky river halls on the river that is and nothing at all this year.... So do you think they will be spawning a few weeks I would think if they are spawning and at the banks in shallow then that's when you can catch them???but I'm still learning. Do you ever fish ky river, I can only bank fish sure hope to find them crappie. God bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast