Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: took the family to the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default took the family to the lake

last weekend and had a pretty good day.

My girls Brooke and Bree, 8 and 12, caught all but 3 of these. My poor wife brought a rod ( i had gone with a buddy the day before and caught 48 and KNEW there was no since in ME even bringing a rod) but the action with the girls was so fast and furious she caught 3, and quit to help me with them.

Total was 39 PURE D SLABS! and one stinkin ol green carp

Thank you Lord for days like this and a family to share them with.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you were beaming bigger than if you had caught 'em all by yourself. Good looking family.

Friend, you are blessed. Enjoy those kiddo's while you have them. Time passes quickly & before you know it, the kids are grown. Mine are both in college and I sure miss 'em.

Thanks for sharing.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day on the lake with the family catching some very nice slab crappie. From the smiles I would say they had a blast catching the crappie. Thanks for posting the report and the great pics Congrats on a great day!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. I just cant tell ya how glad i was to see those corks go down and hear those girls giggle and laugh. Like the song says, they thought we were "just fishin......"

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

That is great to get days like that on the lake with the family thanks for sharing
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

great pics, enjoy them while they are young!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up enjoy these days Kman...

Quote Originally Posted by Kman View Post
    Thank you Lord for days like this and a family to share them with.
    Indeed Kman, indeed....looking at those smiles & slabs that was a very special blessing from the Lord to you! While also allowing them to have the time of their lives!!
    I Did the same thing about 15 years ago with my boy and girl until they got in there mid teens. Now every time I go fishing I think of them an how I wish for those days again! I usually have to call my 24 year old son just to say hay and to tell him I'm on my way fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big minnow View Post
    Indeed Kman, indeed....looking at those smiles & slabs that was a very special blessing from the Lord to you! While also allowing them to have the time of their lives!!
    I Did the same thing about 15 years ago with my boy and girl until they got in there mid teens. Now every time I go fishing I think of them an how I wish for those days again! I usually have to call my 24 year old son just to say hay and to tell him I'm on my way fishing.
    Man i hear you say that and shudder. I know its comin, the same dog that bit you is nippin on my heels as my grandpa used to say. I try not to think about when I go from the smartest coolest guy they know to the dumbest nerd they ever met.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing.
    Randy Andres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast