Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 26 Bluegill and Green Sunfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default 26 Bluegill and Green Sunfish

Fished three different spots along the lake today, pulled in about 26 assorted fish from bluegill to green sunfish and a few hybrids. Water was very murky due to the breeze today and they were a bit finicky. Took a 1/32oz bucktail jig and vertically jigged it up and and let it sink slowly back down, usually got the bite when it slowly went back down. White and yellow seemed to work really well with the partly cloudy skies. Sizes were nothing to really write home about, it was the quantity that i was impressed with. Didn't see any large fish swimming around at all, it was the sunfish that stuck close to the rocky cover and did not move very much unless pursuing the jig. I did come across a female bluegill that looked bloated with eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out fishin this weekend and noticed the same thing, Gills in tight to the rocks. Not sure how many we caught but it was a bunch. Did pick up a limit of crappie on Saturday morning, three of us fishing. All where males. Caught some other crappie Friday thru tuesday but didn't keep any of them. A guy could catch as many 6-8" crappie as you wanted but we only caught about a dozen or so 11-12 inchers Friday, Sunday-Tuesday. All released except for the ones we caught on Saturday. The ones on Saturday where between 10 - 12". Fished on 4 different lakes thru them days.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been lax on the hitting the water this week. Next week after another cooldown, I'll start picking up again where i left off last Thursday.