Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats a good bait for crappie ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats a good bait for crappie ??

I've been an artificial lure user for quite a while but now I'm taking some kids along to try their hand at crappie and wanted to know what was a good bait for lake marburg or possum or maybe Pinchot?? The kids will range from 8 to 16, so any help will be appreciated..

I know worms are usually good on most lakes but wondering what else is used...

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default best bait for crappies

I use rosy reds or fathead minnows under a slip float.Also carry an assortment of jigs 1/16 1/32 with either tubes or curl tails.Hope this helps the kids have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

If its a good day I'd plan on one or more likely two dozen small minnows per kid and plan on spending most of your day baiting hooks!:D

JeorgeD Guest

Hear that...Don't even bring your rod, you won't have time. You'll have minnows flying freely in the air. How about this for an idear. Trying finding a dock, and bring worms or better yet maggots (bluegills). Maggots are good for 3-4 fish. Ahh nevermind you'll be pulling out swallowed hooked. Ahh go carp fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

There is some good advice here. Also try meal worms, red worms, it sould be a great day, have fun

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little girls fishing

The last time I took some little girls fishing the crappie bite was really on. They said they had their own rods. I thought that was a good sign. I brought the minnows and we all met at the fishing hole. Their dad had no license so he dropped them off and was coming back in a couple hours.
    I started to realize what I was in for when I noticed that 'their rods' were still in their unopened cartoon plastic wrap!
    I not only had to bait hooks but I also had to cast! Once I got through to them that the handle on the reel would bring the fish in and they didn't have to walk backwards up the bank in order to get the fish to the shore....
    Well they had a great time anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm gonna have to invest in making a couple of makeshift minnow buckets lol.... As for bringing my rods, it never crossed my mind(well almost), but with the older kids, theyve been fishing before so I can always have them help in the teachings, and fun..

Thanks for the help folks!!

Tux

Post Thanks / Like

Default How did it go?

You know we do expect a written report on these events

Post Thanks / Like

If I survive it, there will be...lol:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast