Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvern 03/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern 03/28

Okay hit the water at 0730 put in a Turkey Point ramp. Even saw some turkeys just North of the camp ground. Went over and tried the West bank of this cove nothing marked a lot of fish just on a break to 12 feet they would not bite. Ran up to Cove South of the silo did not hit any marked fish on some piles but no takers of the jig. Hit a couple of coves on the South side that looked like crappie should be there but no good. Hit the little cove we caught fish in yesterday caught about a dozen, White bass, no crappie. Hauled up and headed East to a little pocket cove that has been friendly hit about half a dozen before they quit, all males in 5 fow water temp 61. Some of the males dark some just starting to turn. Ran back to North side to a cove we caught fish in yesterday graphed lots of fish at the 12 fow mark just huge numbers fished these hard caught maybe 4 nice females. Casting to the bank in this cove produced 2 males. Getting a little frustrated now seeing all those fish on the screen and just could not get them to go. Decided to head to dam and see if anything was going on. Caught about two dozen there, White bass and smallies. Had to run over the the Marina ramp to off load a fish partner, something about trading a high planes drill for a JD planter, which should not be important when fishing but to each his own.

Okay went up the Marina cove to see if we could snag any nothing. Ran back to the little pocket and caught a number a fish they finally dried up so we headed in stopped at the cove we caught the white bass in earlier and picked up a number of males mostly in about 5 feet of water.

Most fish caught were not really close to bank but out in the middle of these coves and pockets in 5 fow. Some caught close to bank but not many.

Glad I am running a 60 four stroker that very good on gas, if I had one of those big injuns I would have to go back to work to buy gas.

Okay about 1400 decided to call it a day, Finished out with 25 in the bucket. Rofl
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Bill. Going to try to make it out on Thursday and Friday, weather permiting.

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking a Pamona Thursday. Melvern is tough you have to run and gun. Today there was a lot of green algae globs in the water and it had a scum on it just like it turned over. That cannot happen in the spring but it was strange.

Post Thanks / Like

25 is a pretty good day compared to those of us who had to work!! WTG!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark88 View Post
    25 is a pretty good day compared to those of us who had to work!! WTG!!!
    x2 Even a big fat zero is better than working. You might ask your partner if he's feel'n ok , cause sump'en don't sound right.Rofl
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Blackdog40;1861815

Glad I am running a 60 four stroker that very good on gas, if I had one of those big injuns I would have to go back to work to buy gas.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome report Blackdog!
    I to am glad I have a 50 horse on my boat when gas prices are this high! I have been out 4 times this year and have yet to put any gas in the boat and I dont just sit around the boat ramp either. I have been to Melvern each time and go from the dam to Turkey point each time I am out there.

Every time I hear of see one of those water rockets I just smile and think to myself how many more times I can go fishing instead of spending all that money to go fast! lol!!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah got that right. 10 trips without gasin is better than gasin 10 gallons each trip. I still catch some fish also, I just do not dazzle them with my outfit.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report blackdog. Nice pic too. Congrats.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

trying to be funny there might get me Zapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Working

Hey I really appreciate you ladies and guys working so that I can continue my SS check keep up the good work. Like I tell my son work lots of OT to help pay my check. Some how he does not get that but, we will work on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast