Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Guides

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Guides

Hello All,

I am new to the LOZ area and am curious who you would recommend to use for a guide and also, what the fishing is like around the 10mm?

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what i would do is PM one of the guys up there that live close to LOZ and ask them. You might get lucky and they might have an open seat for ya. I know Little Skeeter and Bugman live up in that neck of the woods and they fish LOZ all the time. I have fished with both them guys and they can catch fish. Both know some tricks that they were able to teach this old dog!

Post Thanks / Like

there are several on here i'm sure would be more than happy to help you out on LOZ... like dan said, shoot a pm to bugman... he may be able to steer you in the right direction
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing around the 10mm is usually great. But the water stays very clear, lots of blacks. Terry Blankenship is a good guide for that area.

Post Thanks / Like

I would start fishing the docks and you will find certain docks that hold fish where people have put brush around. Just keep track of which docks you have caught fish on and you should be able to go back and hit those docks first. Then you can go around scouting out new docks and brush piles. With the spawn coming up they will be going shallow. Any jig with chartruse in it is a good place to start or get some minnows. Just be patient because the first time out you may hit 20 docks that have no fish and that next dock you might catch a dozen. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

if you don't want to sink your own brush looks for docks with fish cleanin setups no guarantees but generally a good place to start

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the feedback!! It's always nice to be steered in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing around the 10mm right now is very good.Find brush or lay downs in 10fow to the bank and they will have fish on them.I have been catching bigger female just off the banks around brush.Afternoon bite has been better shallow once the sun warms it a bit. Hope this helps and good luck
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.