Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ky lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky lake

I have a week trip planned to Weiss starting this Fri. The fishing reports havent been good down there lately so Im thinking of heading to Ky lake instead. I have two old high school buddys going with me on this trip so I want to make sure they have fun and catch fish. Im asking for suggestions and opinions on if changing our lake is a good choice. How has the bite been on Ky lake lately? Only been on Ky lake once so any help would be great. Thanks, PM me if you wish.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Right now the fishing is tremendous,for spider rigging or bank casting. The big bays on the north end, such as big bear, and jonathon creek are very good right now. look for the crowds if you want to spidder rig or steep banks if your into casting. I've been wearing them out as has my buddy's.

Post Thanks / Like

I would never turn down an opportunity to fish Ky Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle and his two buddies went down to Wiess a few weeks back and it was awful. They only brought back a handful of keepers...he was pissed off.

I'd head to Ky Lake/Barkley and get in on the action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    My uncle and his two buddies went down to Wiess a few weeks back and it was awful. They only brought back a handful of keepers...he was pissed off.

I'd head to Ky Lake/Barkley and get in on the action.
    Same thing happen to me a couple years ago. Drove 300 miles one way and had the worst crappie fishing trip I could imagine. All I herd is how great the fishing was a few years before. I think Weiss is on an down cycle and the locals still need the tourists so when we call they make it seem like the fishing is great then you get there and all you here is stories from years ago.
    My advice is stick with KY Lakes. Wish I would Have !

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the weather this spring...I think you will do better on KY Lake. I just got back from there...caught a lot of fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Good advice, I think we will head to Ky lake. My only concern is where to stay since its late notice. Any suggestions on where to stay or who I should call about mid lake? I stayed in Paris last time. Any good tackle shops or bait shops we should hit? Thanks again for info.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Fishtale Lodge at Paris Landing is a great place to stay. They have cabins and motel rooms that you can back your boat up to the door and plug in your batteries. Give Sharon a call at 731-642-7113.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always went farther North just because it is halfway for my dad and I to meet...if you don't mind going a little farther...we always stay at Moors Resort. Great fishing right there and they have everything you need...