Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chat

Well, went into chat for the first time in a few nights and looks like it isn't working again. Oh well. Gonna do the Watts Bar thing this weekend and I am looking forward to it very much. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Okay there Fatboy, just for fun let's start a virtual tournament with this thread. Wherever you're fishing this Saturday - can't do it Sunday cuz I'm off to the homestead for the son's graduation - post a pic of your catch and let's see who has the most and the biggest. Everyone's on the honor system because it has to be a pic of your Saturday catch.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hope we can find some. Their pretty scattered now. I will take my camera in case I get lucky:D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Take a RAINSUIT ......

and a waterproof bag for the digital camera :D ...... looks like you're going to need it !!
    The spawn should be all but over ... so take extra "minners", and make Killer give up some of those deep water "Death Star" locations :D

Seriously though ...... have a safe and productive trip, and post us some purty pics of those Watts Bar Slabs !! ......... luck2ya ... cp

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing the CUSA regional Saturday. If I have pictures, that means I did real well!!! At least I will have the weight right.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy:

Have fun on Watts Bar...the fish have moved away from the bank
    and are over brush in 12" + of water it seems. Find a good brushpile
    and don't give up on it til you get a slab or two !

tnvol

Post Thanks / Like

Ok crappiepappy, posted you some pics. I already knew where Killers death stars were located. Had them marked since last year with the GPS. We didn't fish any of them, just fished docks and one bank. Was showed a couple of secret honey holes that very few know about and the game was on with them. A fish was in the boat every couple of minutes. Lost count of the culled ones, but took a pic of the 51 that was caught on strictly JIGS Saturday morning. Fish were caught from 3 to 12 feet deep. There were still eggs in several of the fish we cleaned and some of the males still had their tuxedos on. Water temp was 64 to 70. Wished I had taken some pics of the waves in the main channel but I had my hands full. Fishing with DonG and Killer in my boat at the same time was a show in itself. Take care. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

BUMP, just for Crappiepappy, waiting for a response.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey Big J .......

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    BUMP, just for Crappiepappy, waiting for a response.
    Sorry .... I'm still recovering from the idea of the three of you in the same boat :p .... shooting docks from the "Dream" :D ... and you not using minners

You don't have to tell me anything about the wind & waves at WB ... LOL!! Just look at the pic I posted from my last trip ... and that was up in the creek at Arrowhead (not to mention the last two tournies & the 35mph gale winds at those !)

It's kinda hard to tell (from the pic) ... but, were most of your fish Black Crappie, White Crappie, or a mix of both ? With all the "throwbacks", along with the Slabs ... it would seem that the cooler weather stretched out the spawn a bit. Usually, early to mid May is White Crappie time ... shallow timber with minner/float rig.

I know you guys had a blast ... and I wish I could've been there. You planning on going back in the Fall ?? .......... cp