Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing in Southwest MO

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing in Southwest MO

I just moved to Springfield and am looking for places to catch some fish, preferably crappie. I no longer have access to a boat so must be able to fish from the shore. I don't think i've ever fished from shore for crappie. Any Ideas
    Thanks

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. I don't know much about crappie holes around Springfield other than Table Rock but your'e in good company out there. You'll be into them before you know it. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Try Springfield lake. I heard that they have a lot of crappie in that lake. Never fished it though. I believe that you can go to the park ngate and they have maps where all the crappiebeds are around the lake. Hope that helps you out a little.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

fellows lake north of springfield has a few crappie. try fishing off the public dock on the east side of the lake. cast as far as you can on the southwest and south sides of the dock and you will find some brush that normally holds crappie. try minnows 4 ft deep or so.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

try stockton fish C C area take 160 west out of spg. turn north on C C go north of the bridge take first left (small road) go to lake fish bank crappie,walley. easy access. easy walking. have fun