Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It sure aint crappie fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It sure aint crappie fishing!!!

Well my buddy talked me into going spoonbilling with him this weekend and let me tell ya......It sure aint crappie fishing. I am so wore out and sore this morning its not funny. That spoonbillin is a lot of work, I now have bruises on my ribs can only just move my sholder....dang....but let me tell you snag into one of those big boys and its on!!!!!!! I managed to hook into two and fight them for about 5 min before i messed up and lost pressure on them ( dang barbless hooks ) all in all it was a hoot, but.............. i think i will stick to my crappie fishing. if you want me to post the 60 pounder my buddy caught and released let me know. Hope everyone had a great weekend and have been able to get out and catch some fish or at least chase em.......peace
    Just call me......"Killswitch"....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, screw that mess. It isn't near as good as crappie either. I've been twice and I'm done. Got a lifetime of jerky jerky in those trips.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

That spoonbillin's alot of fun! hook in to one of them big ugly's and you can be in for some fight !
    KCbrown I bet if you hooked in to one in that Yak you'd be in for a ride !!Rofl

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the two i hooked were a lot of fun, its the recovery today that hurts lol......and if you clean them right ( like youve never heard that before ) they are pretty good eating.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a blast, I'm looking to do some catfishing this year as well. Hooking into a 10-15# or heavier cat in 29" wide boat is a blast and takes skill.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I love me some spoonbillin! It's hard work but it's worth when you tie in to a fish nearly as big as you! I'm heading back down to the James River to snag for them again this weekend. I toss most of mine back and keep a few for friends and family that enjoy eating them. I'll stick to eating crappie! Snagging spoonbill and crappie fishing are the two things I look forward to doing the most come springtime.

These are my top four fish that I have pictures of. I may have caught a few others in the 70 pound range but I don't have pictures of them. I've only caught one that hit the 80 lbs mark.
    80 lbs

74 lbs

72 lbs

70 lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, how do you get them in a boat?

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of guys use gaffs. We just grab them with our hands and drag them in. It get's interesting when you hook one right in the tail and don't have a gaff to land them. Some people are morons and like to run a gaff through the belly of a sub-legal fish and then they toss it back in the water expecting it to live. That really burns me when I see it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

those are some nice fish for sure. We fish the neosho, no gaff alowed in OK. It gets pretty wild when you hook into one thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

some good "Redneck Bill-fish" for sure! I think snaggin is pretty fun. I go out some, here on the misouri river every year. the fish don't run as big here. a 60lber is the biggest I have seen come from the mo. about 35lbs is my biggest. but I only go once or twice a year, because snagging will put a whooppin' on ya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast