Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to Yorktown

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to Yorktown

Any good spots up there?
    CVN 71 VF-84 TOMCATS AIRFRAMER
    VA.Beach,VA.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaverdam isn't too far. Check out the posts under the Va forum.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Harwoods Mill Reservoir is nearby. I have not been there in many years, so I don't know how good the fishing is. Fishing pressure should be light. I hardly ever see any trailers in the parking lot or boats out in the water. I understand you have to go to Lee Hall Reservior go get a launch pass now that it is past September 30.

Waller Mill is towards Williamsburg about 30 minutes fron Yorktown. I've had decent luck in the past, but nothing to write home about.

Beaverdam Reservoir is in Gloucester and is 30-45 minutes away depending on what part of Yorktown you leave from. Fishing there is excellent most of the time.

Diascund Reservior, Chickahominy Lake, and Chickahominy River are adjacent to each other in the Toano area just past Williamsburg. I don't spend much time on any of them, but have had good luck in the past when I've gone up that way for a change of scenery. Little Creek Reservoir is also in that area, but is somewhat difficult to fish due to deep water and very little cover. Look for beaver huts or underwater trees at Little Creek.

Only Chickahominy Lake and Reservior allow use of gasoline engines.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award