Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big South Fork

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big South Fork

I have been seeing Big South Fork on here a few times. I know it is on Lake Cumberland. Can someone give me some location to where it is on Lake Cumberland. How far is it from Noeh's Dock or how far is it from London Dock.
    Which would be closets to Big South Fork. Is there anything being caught other than crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How on earth do I get to the Big South Fork???

General Directions from Somerset.

Hwy 27 South into McCreary County......to either Hwy 927 or Hwy 700 both ends in water.

If going to lower section of Big South Fork I recommend Hwy927....from Somerset follow Hwy27 south and turn right (west) onto Hwy 927 ( look for Natural Arch sign on Hwy 27) it's about 10 miles to water.

If going to upper section I'd take Hwy700. from Somerset follow Hwy27 south and turn right (west) onto Hwy700 beside Shell Mart. It's about 5 miles to water.

From Noe's dock or London Dock....that's on Cumberland River and totally different tributary. If coming from London, either go to Somerset and follow above directions, or you can cross Cumberland Falls via Hwy90 and go to top of hill and turn left onto Hwy 700 follow to Hwy 27 and Shell Mart. Or, you can go to Williamsburg and follow Hwy92 west to Hwy 27 (about 15 miles) and turn right (north) and go to Hwy 700 (about 5 miles) and turn left (west) at Shell Mart.

Hope this helps

crappie-dude