Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie at Bass Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie at Bass Pro

I was working up around Louisville earlier this week and stopped by the Bass Pro in Clarksville, IN. For the newer crappie fishermen out there this is why you have to fish in the cover most of the time. When I am guiding people or fishing with friends they often complain when they hang into cover. I tell them that’s fine, "if ya ain't gettin hung you are in the wrong spot." In one shot the black crappie are tight to a tree. In another, one is nosed into an artificial rock. I like to stand there a little while and watch the crappie in comparison to the other fish in the tank. There may be more money in professional bass fishing but I truly believe that crappie fishing can be the toughest and most challenging of them all.

Old Guide
    Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's part of crappie fishing. I was taught the same phrase.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this from fishing the Wisconsin River in northern Wisconsin. Many years ago we figured out when we cast up river and follow the line down you either snag or get a hit. If you don't then you are not where the fish are.