Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thought yall might like to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Thought yall might like to know.

Oneida Lake, been fishin it off and on for the last month or so. This past week crappie fishin seems to be pickin up a bit. Many are gettin good bites but some don't know how to fish and are hoggin up all the good spots, but theyre bitin and we are missin em. Temps gone up expect to go out tmr and follow the Kapn's advice. Let yall know how I make out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default oneida

If you would not mind saying , Where are decent spots on oneida to try for crappies out of the boat ? I alaways fish the spawn but after that I am clueless? Thanks

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oneida Lake

Hey Eva,

Toad Harbor, Big Bay area, and points off of Frenchman's Island and Sylvan Beach are always good producers, but you have to use electronics and chase schools of roaming slabs. You have to move around A LOT !

Also, the crappie can turn on and off like a switch in Oneida, and nothing you do can really change that behavior.

Fighting boat traffic, inconsiderate morons, and fishing "hogs" are all part of the Oneida Lake scene, which is mainly why I only fish that lake a few times a year ...... it's just such a hassle, trying to manuever around and share fishing spaces with heathens.

It's too bad, because Oneida is a fabulous resource, but quite honestly, the lake isn't really one of the better crappie lakes in the state. I can think of a half dozen right off the top of my head that are far better.
    Oneida crappies tend to run small, anyway, and they can be very difficult to target after the spawn.

Good luck to you !

Kaptain K.

Post Thanks / Like

Kaptain can you tell me where those lakes are on the top of your head with fall here and temps droppin like crazy what do you say?? Sorry aint been around in a while been too busy this summer not much fishin as I would like to do and plus seems like its been my year for bass catchin stead a crappies!!