Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New Guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another New Guy!

Hey guys im new here too...Awesome site!!

I live in Northern Iowa near Fort Dodge and have been gettin back into fishing.

Has anyone here fished Brushy Creek?? I went there this last weekend and we caught a few nice crappies. 2 years ago we pulled out some very nice ones while last year we had little luck.

I know this is a crappie site but if anyone here is interested in some very nice perch, Morse Lake has been a hotspot!!!

Also for you Southern Iowa guys......How is lake Icaria?? My dad took me down there prolly 10 years ago and we just Slayed the crappie/bluegills. We were thinkin about headin back down that way this summer and was wonderin if its still good fishing.

Hope to see some responces here and make a few new fishing buddies!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard.
    I'm from se iowa, can't talk about northern iowa fishing.
    Rathbun is my lake of choice, going there this weekend.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there and weclome to the board from California.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I live north of W-loo. I'm going to be heading to Brushy one of these next couple weeks. I'm waiting for the water to warm up a little first though. I caught some good crappies there 2 years ago. Never had a chance to go last year. I love that lake! There has to be some slabs in there by now. Where did you catch the crappies at and what were you using?

I would love to get into some perch. I've only caught a few in my days of fishing and they've been tiny. Where is Morse lake at?

Maybe I'll see you at brushy the next time I head over that way. I'm planning on going the weekend before memorial weekend depending on the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

We had luck on the West side of the lake in the little backwaters way into the trees LOL. Using slip bobbers and minnows on a plain ole eagle claw hook. I too love fishing that lake!!

I am gonna try to hit it every weekend til the end of may. It seems you gotta be there early or in the evening....never had much luck in the afternoons for some reason. Maybe we will run into each other out there sometime.

Morse Lake is located by Clarion. Just a couple miles north of Lake Cornelia. It is a pretty shallow lake and is not all that big but the perch in there are just awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like

ed, you might want to check on this, but I think Icaria was drained and killed off to get rid of the yellow bass.
    Crappiekiller2, I'm only about 45 minutes from you to the north.

Post Thanks / Like

Herb
    Youre right they have had to do that at two lakes in SW Iowa.Guys let the DNR be the biologists.Twelve Mile was just killed off and drained because of those pesky yellows.Now I heard guys saying theyre catching them out of Lake Easter in Des Moines.
    Oh and welcome to the board Ed.On a side note West Lake in Osceola is on fire right now,but the size isnt very good, 6 to 8 inchers on every cast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by herb
    ed, you might want to check on this, but I think Icaria was drained and killed off to get rid of the yellow bass.
    Crappiekiller2, I'm only about 45 minutes from you to the north.
    Herb, from Wapello area?
    Nice to see someone nearby on here.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Yup
    Sitting on top of Hard Scratch Ridge.
    Some call it Ahole hill, but I think they refer to the neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ed420 have you been back to brushy yet? Curious if you were still catching anything.

We're heading over there tomorrow I think, going to bring bait for crappies and some walleyes and see what we end up with I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast