Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Equipment Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Equipment Questions

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to know what kind of setups everyone is using and how they maintain them. I assume most are using ultralight spinning outfits like myself. What is the best way to maintain these reels? What kind of cleaning should I be doing. I use a Shimano Sedona 750 on a 6' BPS Micro lite with 4lb P-clear (also use 4lb trilene XL and 6lb Yozuri Hybrid Ultra soft). Any suggestions for line or setup are welcome allthough I am very happy with this setup. I use this for all my fishing, although crappie is what I seek most. I got bored of not catching bass and it seems when I fish for crappie I catch more bass than if I were actually trying for them. Very weird but as long as I catch something I am happy. Thanks.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not much help

I use either a 11ft BnM jig pole or a Wizard 10ft 6in jig pole. Either 8# Hi Vis Gold Stren or 8# Trilene Ironsilk in solar mint line. I use a couple of OLD Martin flyreels. My UL setup is just whatever's cheapest (I don't catch much on them). Sorry I can't help more than this.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Ugly Stick Combo. I catch tons with it. Never have had to clean it yet. Its a pretty light rod and good for your money.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're happy with your fishing rig why change? Nearly everyone on this board has their favorites. Ask 100 people get 100 different opinions. If you are catching fish it must be working.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't want to change I love my outift, but I just wanted to see what other people are using. I was just curious as to how others get the job done, I am always trying to learn something new.