Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for spider rigging gear?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for spider rigging gear?

I'm looking for some 14 foot rods & reels and holders and the double seat.If you have any if this give me a call.573-552-5146

Post Thanks / Like

I just went through the same thing. You won't find anything used, at least I didn't. The best rod holders I think are Hi-Tek, you can order them at Home for $85 for a 4 rod set up. As far as the double seat goes, I didn't want to spend the money so I'm using two 5 gallon buckets with a cushion. The rods I got from BassPro for $34 a piece. They were BassPro Crappie Maxx Signature Series IM6 14ft. The web site has them at $49 but I bought 2 yesterday at $34 in St. Charles, don't know why, unless they were marked wrong. The specs. for the rod say up to a 1/4 oz weight, but I use 3/4oz and have no problems at all. You can spend more and get trolling rods but these they work fine and have plenty of backbone.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the B&M trolling rods. If I can catch a 10lb wiper off of them they will hold up to most crappie. We have been using them for several years and have not broken one on a snag or crappie yet, just cat fish and feet.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 12' cabelas whoopin stick, I like the slide rings to move the reel forward. I painted about 16" of the tip flourescent orange for visibility. This pole is really tough and has a very soft tip so when they bite they usually dont feel the rod and let go. I have 6 of them that I bought on sale for around $15.00 each, they normally run around $25.00 a piece. For the money I find them hard to beat. I have diawa linecounter reels on them now, but did have just the cheap shimano rx 1000 spinning reels that are around $10 each at bass pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Loz I sent you a pm..

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loz speck slayer View Post
    I'm looking for some 14 foot rods & reels and holders and the double seat.If you have any if this give me a call.573-552-5146
    Look in personal adds there are some HiTec holders there with a good price.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979