Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing league

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up fishing league

how come we dont have a crappie fishing league. is that something anyone would b interested in? they have bass league's. burton's has a thursday night league for bass fisherman. how about some in put from everyone. maybe we can get ideas how to do it and get some kind of format and start it next year. just curious. ( a little chatty today).

Post Thanks / Like

kc fats & mducan62. I think the Crappie Busters out of Topeka would fit your needs. They have tourneys in the spring & fall. Also let me invite you to www.davescountry.com It's a local message board that will help ya! :D See ya on the water!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    I'd be up for it, and raised a similar question in a post. No interest it seems in this area. I think they have a bunch of small tournaments down at Truman, but I can't seem to get a link on them.
    Sterett Creek has what they call "Tuesday night hawg fights". Just a 3 hour bass tournament. I also know there is a tuesday night bass tournament, out of coffman beach. It would be nice, but just seems that only a few crappie fisherman are out to fish tournaments. Mostly they are there to just fish and thats it. I would like to see more crappie tournaments, but there usually just not a big following.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry,but I work nights and weekends-kinda hard to make any regular outing.

Post Thanks / Like

mducan62, what lakes would you suggest they come too?? If they came to them, would you come to Kansas lakes? Would you contact your fishing buddies to participate?? I'm sure that IF the interest was there,,,there would be tourneys. I fish mostly CUSA tourneys and there are more in MO than KS but that doesn't stop me from crossing state lines. Crappie Busters is a KS organization that fishes lakes close to you, prolly closer to you than Truman or LOZ. Have you noticed that CUSA, Crappie Masters or CAST doesn't have tourneys at Smithville?? It's a GREAT crappie lake but there is NO support to have one there. I wonder why?? <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Mduncan, I am with you I would not try to catch those nasty things. You might check with some bait shops in you area. There very well could be a crappie club. There is one here in my town, Sedalia has one, and I believe so does Versallies.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I strongly agree with you!! The more you know a lake,,the better you'll do:D At least I HOPE so as I'm fishing the CUSA Regional there June 3rd. I'm taking the WHOLE week off practicing. If ya would like,,,come with me for a day before the 1st. We'll look at a lot of the lake <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I LIKE the noncompetitive nature of crappie fishing. I would rather trade info. and tips with nearby boaters than worry about who had the most weight.
    Last trip didn't put much in the freezer and certanly wouldn't have won any prizes but I doubt that I would have taken the time to watch a racoon scour the banks, chuckle at a heron swallowing a shad so large I could see it wriggle all the way down or wonder about the tiny yellow birds with the brown wings ... if I were fishing a tournament. I appreciate the improvement in equipment (particularly electronics) and boats ... much of it due to tournaments, but I think the joy of the activity can be overshadowed by the question "How much did you weigh in?" I like the idea of getting together to fish.. and naturally I'd want to see who caught what... but one only has to look at the pages of the tournament oriented bass magazines...
    Tournament results, rules, sponsorships, prize money, contingency money (If you're in the right boat) television coverage, cheaters... What gets lost is the thrill of the "thump".... Each to his own. As far as more coverage of the lake goes... Shhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Shortstorie, You have the right attitude about fishing and I must agree with getting in tune with what is happening around you while fishing. I do think that you have got it all wrong about some the tourney fishers. Yes, there are those that will do anything to win, even cheating but, that is just a few. Don't lump us all into that catagory. I just don't think it is possible for 2 friends:D :D to get in a boat fishing without a tourney going on. You know, 1st fish, biggest fish, most fish, most spieces, etc. Just because there wasn't a entry fee, we all are competitive by nature, even with yourself, cold fronts,high winds, rains etc. The friends that I have made on the fishing trail are some of the best. I wouldn't have them if I hadn't entered the tourneys. Not everyone is a cut-throat fisher,,we just like getting together and fishing!! Much like you and your fishing buddies. We will never get rich doing this! If I ever loose the 'thrill of the thump', I'll just sell all my equipment and take up quilt sewing. Everytime I head outa state, I try to get a local to fish the practice days with me and I make a new friend. Can't beat that with a stick. I would not of met Bugman if I didn't do this, but don't hold that against me Heh! Heh! Heh! I would love to get you in the boat with me sometime and become your friend too. I see you are from the KC area,,wanna go and catch some slabs with me?? Like I said above, I'll be a practicing all week at Perry. Come on and have a "crappie" day with me. :D I'm sure you won't ever regret it!! <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 05-11-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

shortstorie well said. after yesterday i think i have a new lease on life. we all should just enjoy what we have and are able to do. enjoy the little things in life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast