Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sprayed my lake for weeds today

Post Thanks / Like

Default sprayed my lake for weeds today

dnr, sprayed jordan lake for weed control today
    fishing has been great till now, got another nice mess of crappie today before they got there spray going.gonna mess things up for sure now.
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a method they do just to try can kill the weeds within the lake, or around the lake? I guess they have to manage the problem some how.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

kills off the weeds in the lake, makes for better recreation they say, can't have water skiers falling into a mess of weeds.....
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad John. They do that around here too and man it screws things up. It's not just the DNR that's doing it either. There lots of so called associations that do it too.
    The real problem, in my opinion is, that they have to do it while the plants are young and growing. Just about the time fish are really starting to pick up.
    Although they do it all summer too.
    Last year they did it on White Lake which is a big lake. They don't do the whole thing but spot kill. Usually the spots I want to fish.

Well like Cory said,
    they have to manage the problem some how.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

just have to learn to live with it I guess, wish they could wait until all of the fish have spawned though, always wondered how many fish are killed when they do this.
    I like to fish the weed edges, and after they spray, it seems to scatter the fish, anyway it does make them harder to catch.
    still anyday on the water is a good day.
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand. The weed control is not supposed to kill anything except weeds. I sure would like to make an experiment with fish and find out for sure. I'll bet if it doesn't kill them, it sure makes them sick for a while.
    Mike