Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Some Help!!!!!

huntincrappies Guest

Question Need Some Help!!!!!

Hello to all,
    hey guys my wife and i are here in fairfield, stopped by the grandparents during our honeymoon. we need to get out on the lake but have no idea what the crappie is doing around here. we are from arizona and over there they should be wrapping up or right in the middle of the spawn. there wasn't alot of action down there when we left apr.29. any help would be appreciated we are going to take the boat out to clear lake this weekend if nobody has any better suggestions. please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings and weclome to the Borad. Congrats on your new marriage. I was just on map quest, and there is a good lake just north of Fairfield. Berryessa Lake, Other member up in that part of the state fish there. I don't know this lake so I can't tell you of any good spot to go. Sorry, Another lake is Clear Lake. Good luck

Gonefission
    Bill

moonnette2005 Guest

welcome. I have never fish for Clear Lake crappie, but from what I here, a place called The Keyes is the best spot on the lake for LARGE slabs. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Good spot to fish for crappies in your area would be lake berryessa in the Cappell Cove ramp.. best spot... i think im going there tomorrow (5-10-06)..

Post Thanks / Like

Good spot to fish for crappies in your area would be lake berryessa in the Cappell Cove ramp.. best spot... i think im going there tomorrow (5-10-06)..

huntincrappies Guest

Well we were at clear lake without the boat and talked to a couple of bass fisherman who said that the crappie bite was over. So berryessa would be a good lake to go to huh? is there anywhere around that lake that doesnt charge an arm and a leg to launch? Was reading on lake amador does anybody have any feedback on that lake? thanks guys i really appreciate the feedback so far.

Post Thanks / Like

The bestpart to fish at Berryessa for crappie is by far Cappel Cove! And Cappel Cove has a free launch!