Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Runners?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road Runners?

Do many of you use Road Runners for trolling? I've used them for casting some, with mixed results. How do you fish them?

I'm looking hard at the Road Runner Pro 2.0 Jigheads cuz they have the willow blade AND the barb that keeps the plastic on better (IMO). I assume the Road Runners do better with curlytail grubs or the crappie thunder type grubs.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't intentionally fish road runners for crappie but have caught crappie on them while fishing for white bass. this weekend we were using the ones with maribou but lost the couple we had, I some heads I had bought somewhere and some twister tail grubs so we used them and was pleasently suprised by catching two limits, sorry, white bass, not crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I troll with them all the time with 2 inch curly tail's and do very well with them.Seem's like that little flash make's a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

We use them 75% of the time. They work well with the BG Stroller's and the Slab Slayers. We use the ones with the barb and we like the willow blades!!
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just started using them longlining and they are the ticket on sunny days. I use the 1/16th and 1/8th with willow or colorado blades and 2 inch Hot Grubs.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I like to cast them but I know people that troll them with good results. My fav thing is a 2" gulp minnow grub it has that great smell the fish love put it on the road runner tail up the only problem is pike love them to

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm .... I've limited out on 1-2lb Crappie at Ky Lake 3 times -- caught near limits of 1-2lb Crappie at Green River Lake a few times -- put a serious hurtin on'em at Taylorsville Lake (Ky) & Watts Bar Lake (Tn) -- and caught quite a few from various other lakes ... all while casting a Roadrunner (& some while trolling one). I have a rod/reel dedicated to using for casting a Roadrunner. I'm pretty sure that puts me in the catagory of a Roadrunner fan Rofl

I'm partial to the marabou version ... 1/32 & 1/16oz ... but I do have the heads, and have customized them with various blades, so I can (& eventually will) use them with plastics.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

what speed do you troll the roadrunners at?

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use them longlinning with BG Stroller's at around 0.8 mph. They work great!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like to vertical jig in the spring with them, when the crappie are shallow. Flip past the cover and let the RR fall into it. I think that at times the blade flash will make a big difference. Like crappiepappy, I like the maribou best. Wally Marshall is deadly shooting docks with a 1/16th RR with plastic bodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast