Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod box tip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod box tip

After many years without a rod box, finally bought a new boat last year that had one. Installed tubes to try to keep rods from intermingling but still had problems. I cut some leftover marine carpeting the width of the box and the length from the end of the tubes to about one foot to the end of the box.
    Now I have three rods on bottom, a piece of carpet, three more rods, a piece of carpet, and three more rods on top.
    It is working very well so far and my next task will be to find a way to attatch one side of the carpet to the side of the box kind of like a hinge.
    There may be better ways to keep rods untangled but some of us have to do what we can do...............No such thing as the perfect boat in my eyes.
    That is some of the fun of owning a boat, thinking up ways to make them more user friendly!

Little Hog

Post Thanks / Like

i keep a box of rubber bands on the boat, stored in the rod holder box. when we get done fishing, each man wraps his rods with three rubber bands. one around the handles, one around the middle and one around the tips. then we drop all the rods in an 8 ft box. when we get ready to fish we hand the rods out to each man, and we dont have much of a tangling problem. I store 20 ultra lites in the box, all wrapped with rubber bands, 3 or 4 to a bunch. till i started doing this i was having a huge problem keepin em seperated. i got my bands at office depot, in one lb bags.. three different sizes and everyone wraps his own rods, using the best sized bands for it. when we use em, the bands are small and a little tug on em will break em. we dont try to save em as they degrage pretty fast.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Oxbow Guest

I keep my rods togeather with two strips of velcro. Velcro is cut to size 1/2" x 3" and with the two sections laying parallel wrap one at the tip and one at the butt. Store the velcro in your tackle box. I have been transporting jig poles like this for years, works great.