PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Capps SHOW

Swampfoot
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Tommorow at 12:30 channel 603 on directv. got to be good can,t wait.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
What did y'all think? I'm working from home today, so I got to see the show. I enjoyed it. The production quality was infinitely better than Crappiemasters TV and it didn't seem like a 30 minute commercial either. Definitely looking forward to more.

Sweet Lucy
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
anyway to watch todays show online if we missed it and had to work?

SirBob
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Caught this while taking a break mowing and picking up yard and wood sticks. Great show because it was crappie fishing and not bass catchin. Look forward to future shows.

MrPaulAR
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I enjoyed he show. Are there more in production?

RBeav
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Awesome show

tommyboyrn
03-21-2012, 09:54 PM
i too enjoyed it. Ronnie is top notch

Ronnie Capps
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey Tommy and all you guys and gals !!!

Thanks so much for the nice compliments. We will get better and more exciting I am sure. Please let us know your thoughts and what you would like to see in future shows. There has been enough footage taped to finish up to 3 shows already all from Reelfoot Lake. We are headed to the Ark. River at Russelville, AR next.

Thanks so much for all the support and...

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

Awesome show

Cray
03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I think it is playing again tomorrow at 10 AM on channel 151 Dish NBCSP channel

dkb23
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Watched it tonight and I was impressed. Ronnie you are very good on camera and my wife liked it too! She enjoyed the female aspect of you and the misses in the boat! Keep up the good work!

windstone
03-22-2012, 02:33 AM
if some one knows when it will play again on dish please post here if you will....my brothers f.i.l. guided on reelfoot for fifty years and i always enjoyed going up there.

drill instructor
03-22-2012, 03:05 AM
I enjoyed the show alot, would love to see tournament coverage of Ronnie from prefish to weigh in. Of course a "Day on a Lake" show at lake not familiar.

catchncrisco
03-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Was a very good show...watched it with the wife also and she was asking all sorts of questions. Keep them coming.

Crappie Gobbler
03-22-2012, 06:41 AM
I missed it! When will it come back on Direct? What is the show called?

GoneCrappieFishing
03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
The show was called Crappie Time, but the description on the tv schedule guide was Big Bass Battle. The show aires again today on the same channel at 10am.

It’s “CRAPPIE TIME”! Our new TV show!!

I just received confirmation that "the first airing of " our “CRAPPIE TIME” TV Show on NBC Sports (formerly Versus)--Direct TV Channel 603" will be next Wed.(March 21) at 12:30pm and Thurs. (March 22)..." at 10:00 am – Central time. This excellent new crappie show will be hosted by RONNIE CAPPS, the 7 time National Crappie Champion! Set your DVDs and recorders as this show will be too good to miss!!

HARLEYBOY
03-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Great Show, I liked the minnow sizer he had, will see if I can make one, Also the true hang-ups,

Crappie Gobbler
03-22-2012, 08:02 AM
The show was called Crappie Time, but the description on the tv schedule guide was Big Bass Battle. The show aires again today on the same channel at 10am.

It’s “CRAPPIE TIME”! Our new TV show!!

I just received confirmation that "the first airing of " our “CRAPPIE TIME” TV Show on NBC Sports (formerly Versus)--Direct TV Channel 603" will be next Wed.(March 21) at 12:30pm and Thurs. (March 22)..." at 10:00 am – Central time. This excellent new crappie show will be hosted by RONNIE CAPPS, the 7 time National Crappie Champion! Set your DVDs and recorders as this show will be too good to miss!!

Thanks! Called the wife to set the DVDR and will hopefully watch tonight.

crappie52
03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
very good show, can not wait for the next one.

jvg
03-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Was a great show, got it recorded so the wife can see it...that girl loves crappie fishing.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

TN. WATERSHED
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
will be on dish and what channel on dish? can you watch it on pc?

joey
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Do you think it will be available on comcast cable? I don't have dish or direct.

Crestliner08
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I looked for it both days on Charter cable system, on the NBCSN (NBC Sports Network), but I could not find it! :( I recorded whatever was on during those posted times, but it turned out to be just what was listed and not this crappie show. I was so disappointed! Will it viewable again, either on T.V. or the internet?

broharrell
03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
You did a good hosting job Ronnie. I would like to see you fish some Miss. river oxbows. Good explaintion on the side scan too. You made it simple for us simple minded folks!

muzzy125acc
03-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I wish it was on cable... Could not find it here...

CatFan
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I got lucky. I had the DVR set to record Big Bass Battle and got the crappie show. Back in about a half hour with my 2 cents.

Nice! Educational and fun to watch. Nice to see him get poles tangled like I do!

tommyboyrn
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
its listed as "Big Bass Battles" by Lake Fork and its subtitles as "Crappie Time". Very good show. Ronnie talks about his technique and tips etc. Well Done
Tom

slabbandit
03-22-2012, 08:24 PM
We watched it and really liked it! Can't wait for the next one.

zrdc28
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
What I liked about it was that it did not just show them catching fish as most of the youtube and tv series do. There were actually lots of really good tips on catching crappie and using the fish-finder. Great job!

jaxsprat
03-22-2012, 11:27 PM
its listed as "Big Bass Battles" by Lake Fork and its subtitles as "Crappie Time". Very good show. Ronnie talks about his technique and tips etc. Well Done
Tom
yes this is how its listed on comcast cable the old versus channel 39 that comcast rename this channel when they bought out NBC system. Enjoyed the show capps was great to watch

CrappiePappy
03-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I wish it was on cable... Could not find it here...

Muz ... it's on Insight Cable. Channel 549 NBCSP

Comcast Cable has NBCSP listed as Channel 42

The TV/Cable menu will probably still have it listed as "Big Bass Battles" ... but, the Crappie Time show is what actually airs.

... cp :cool:

thunderstick
03-23-2012, 07:37 AM
finally got a chance to sit down and watch it last night! Finally a show that explains the how's and why's instead of just catching fish!

luckycat333
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
We're you drifting your boat or stationary? It was hard to tell but I really enjoyed it.....except the part where my wife said " why can't we catch them like that" lol

baseball_guy_99
03-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Got to watch it last night. Agreed with all the people above me about it not being a half hour long commercial. I'm not into the spider rigging...yet, but it was still a great watch.

kycreek
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I've got my DVR set now.

STUMP HUNTER
03-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Enjoyed the show Ronnie. Nice to see some real crappie fishing and very good information on what you were looking for. I look forward to watching more of them. Very nice job :):):)

Ronnie Capps
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey crappie guys and gals !!!!!

I want to say a huge "SINCERE THANKS" to all of you who share my passion for the super nice compliments on our first shot at doing this "Crappie Time" show.

I have so very much to tell and so many tips to give that will help everyone who chases these fine little fish. Most of the knowledge that I have is a result of the many years of traveling all over this country and endless hours spent on our country's awesome lakes. Its hard to do everything in the first few shows so hang on and keep the comments coming so we can shape this show to help you all catch a few more fish every time you hit the water. We have surely seen many things we can do much better already so be patient.
Important items in this first show were as follows:
In this first show we were fishing in 51 degree water temps at Reelfoot Lake (early March) and in less than 6 ft of water for the entire show. I concentrated on catching a large Black Crappie since where they live also lives nice Largemouth Bass which was necessary to win the competition (3 ft water depth). We only had about 3 hours to make this happen so I chose to spend most of the fishing time in ultra shallow water. The method I used was ultra slow vertical trolling light jigs Live Baby Shad by Lake Fork Tackle tipped with minnows in ultra clear water. The poles were by BnM Poles 14 ft BGJP's which are my favorite for this type of light bait fishing and surely suitable for landing 6 lb Largemouth. B'n'M Pole Company surely makes the best quality and variety of crappie poles for all techniques known to be productive. I was using 6 lb. monofilament line. The rod holders were my new independent design which are adjustable to any position by ball and socket adjustment. These are manufactured by TiteLok and will be available at Bass Pro Shops soon. They are called Capps & Coleman Widowmaker Rod Holders. I was using a variable speed Minnkota 24 volt 80 lb thrust foot controlled trolling motor to sneak up on these spooky Blacks. Areas of dormant Green Pond Lillies which were protruding slightly from the bottom were located with the Hummingbird 1198 sidescan unit which make finding structure of any kind easy and absolute.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Again !

Good Fishin !

Ronnie Capps

GA Farm Boy
03-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Great show Ronnie!!!!

baseball_guy_99
03-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Can't wait for the next one! Any hints on when it will be?

muzzy125acc
03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Tom

Thanks I do have watching it now.

muzzy125acc
03-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Great show. Great info.

Milky
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Ronnie, First show was great. I really liked how you explained the side-imaging like a spotlight on the side of the road. I would like to see how you guys rig your boats from bow to transom and more on locating crappie with side imaging thanks and keep the shows a coming!!!

OkieDon
03-25-2012, 09:44 AM
It was very informative. Loved the part when Ronnie was grabbin for rods and they were getting tangled and all that fun....it reminded me of one reason I don't spider rig anymore!! :crazy:

Crappie Stalker
03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds like it was a great show, I hope they will change the viewing time to the evenings or weekends for a larger audience. Sure would like to watch it.

jvg
03-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Does any one know when it will air again.

skillett007
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
The most informative fishing show I've ever seen, keep up the great work!!

Fins a Floppin
03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I really liked it!

LFTluresCrappie
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
It's CRAPPIE TIME!! Our1st show will be on NBC Sports again tomorrow, Thursday, March 29th at 10 am Direct TV Channel 603 and Dish TV - Channel 151. It is listed in the TV guide under Big Bass Battle, our Bass show. NBC Sports controls the way it is listed in the guide, but it will be our crappie show.

Our second show will be aired next week. Thank you to all the anglers who have contacted us at LFT and Ronnie Capps to express their enjoyment of the show! We so appreciate hearing from you. We have several shows already fimed and we are in the planning of several more shows to be fimed in April. We are totally committed to CRAPPIE TIME for the long run!!! Crappie anglers from all over have expressed their desire for a totally crappie show and that is what we want to provide. Ronnie Capps did an excellent job and we feel that not only will you enjoy the show, but that you will learn so much from Ronnie, and that you will become better crappie fishermen!!!

Kman
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
It's CRAPPIE TIME!! Our1st show will be on NBC Sports again tomorrow, Thursday, March 29th at 10 am Direct TV Channel 603 and Dish TV - Channel 151. It is listed in the TV guide under Big Bass Battle, our Bass show. NBC Sports controls the way it is listed in the guide, but it will be our crappie show.

Our second show will be aired next week. Thank you to all the anglers who have contacted us at LFT and Ronnie Capps to express their enjoyment of the show! We so appreciate hearing from you. We have several shows already fimed and we are in the planning of several more shows to be fimed in April. We are totally committed to CRAPPIE TIME for the long run!!! Crappie anglers from all over have expressed their desire for a totally crappie show and that is what we want to provide. Ronnie Capps did an excellent job and we feel that not only will you enjoy the show, but that you will learn so much from Ronnie, and that you will become better crappie fishermen!!!

Thats a fact. Ive had a chance to pick his brain duck hunting with him over the years. Some of you may not know his duck hunting rivals his crappie fishing ability. Everytime I have ever asked him a question I have learned something.

Ronnie ol boy, I have but one request. What I find with people that are so VASTLY talented at what they do, whether it be a painter, a welder, a carpenter....or a crappie master, some of the things they take for granted as "common sense" are in fact, to the lamen, a freakin mystery! No matter what show you watch, if you are lucky, they will tell you the technique, they tell you what equipment they use, they may even tell you water depth and temp...and all that is GREAT info. BUT!! What NO one does, and I KNOW you have the ability to articulate this to us, is explain how and WHY you attack a body of water. In other words, if you are fishing a lake, WHY did you decide to drop rods where you did? If you are in a river system, why did you choose this curve or flat or section of river over the 300 other miles of river? If they are on a drop off, why are they on THAT drop off and not the 35 other "drop offs" within a 2 mile radius.?

Essentially, what I think MOST of us lack that YOU have absolutely mastered, is this. We know about flats and structure, and drops, and points, and creek channels, and brush, and stakebeds, and all those things. Why are they not there sometimes, where do they go, what makes these hot areas hot and HOW DO YOU eliminate areas and decide where to start? Thats it. You find a way to impart a little bit of THAT knowledge to others, and no one will ever miss an episode.

Good luck with your new show brother, I for one wont miss an episode no matter what.

Kent

LFTluresCrappie
03-28-2012, 10:35 PM
CRAPPIE TIME is changing time and days for the airing. NBC sports now has us on Saturday mornings at 7am Central time starting this Saturday!! We are so excited to get a
this Saturday morning time slot!!! For the next three months, our TV shows - CRAPPIE TIME and Big Bass Battle - will be shown - alternating shows at 7am Central time. We are working with NBC Sports to get the best day and time to air our shows for you! Both shows will be listed under "Big Bass Battle" in the guide for now.

We appreciate your understanding as we are working hard to bring you the best shows at the best time and day available on NBC Sports!!!!

LFTluresCrappie
03-28-2012, 10:55 PM
CRAPPIE TIME is changing day and time for the airing. NBC Sports now has us on Saturday mornings at 7am Central time starting this Saturday!! We are so excited to get a this Saturday morning time slot!!! For the next three months, our TV shows - CRAPPIE TIME and Big Bass Battle - will be shown - alternating shows at 7am Central time. We are working with NBC Sports to get the best day and time to air our shows for you! Both shows will be listed under "Big Bass Battle" in the guide for now.

We appreciate your understanding as we are working hard to bring you the best shows at the best day and time available on NBC Sports!!!!

LFTluresCrappie
03-29-2012, 12:16 AM
We are so extremely excited to have Ronnie Capps as our host for CRAPPIE TIME!! Kent is so right in saying that Ronnie is VASTLY talented in crappie fishing and that he has truly mastered this sport. Our goal for CRAPPIE TIME is to entertain you while educating you on the "Why's" and "How's" of crappie fishing - and we know that Ronnie is absolutely the best man for that job!!!

Crappiegirl1
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
I watched the first airing last week. Now cannot find again. Please be specific on what time on DISH and CH. Seems the air date has changed from last week??

Kman
03-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I cant find it. Its not listed on 603 Direct TV for any time, ever again. Even if you search the name Big Bass Battle, nothing is listed and they list those for 2 weeks in advance. I even manually scrolled thru the times on the guide. Its not there.

slabbandit
03-31-2012, 11:36 PM
DVR messed up and I missed Saturday morning's episode. Was it a repeat of the first show or was it a new episode?

tear-em-up
04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Awesome show watched it twice best part was it wasn't a commercial for a certain product.

crappiemax
04-01-2012, 02:19 PM
DVR messed up and I missed Saturday morning's episode. Was it a repeat of the first show or was it a new episode?

Saturday's show was a repeat of the 1st show.

Ronnie Capps
04-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks so much for the compliments

Check the show schedule since it will be showing on Saturday morn at 7am from now own. The title on the guide should be changed soon.

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

Ronnie Capps
04-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow !!! Thanks Thanks Thanks !!

Thanks so much for the support and faith in us to do this show series. Hopefully over a few episodes we can get some valuable info over to everyone that shares the sport with us and make fishing trips much more productive and enjoyable. It has always been a dream of mine to see crappie fishing grow to the height that other species fishing sports have. We surely have the numbers of interested crappie chasers all across this great country so hopefully the show will be a step in the right direction to get this sport recogonized as a super enjoyable family sport with professional promise as well.

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

bp80
04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you Ronnie for everything you do for the sport of crappie fishing! DVR'ed the show, i am now wearin the dvr out watching it over and over. Amazing to me how you navigate all them hooks through all them stumps!! Great show, and just what all us crappie crazed people needed. Look forward to future shows.

Ronnie Capps
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks so much bp80 for the compliments! Some like single pole, some like multiple. I like em all and catching crappie every way possible. Keep the comments coming.

I haven't had a chance to "show out" yet in super heavy structure (vegetation/wood) with multiple poles yet but hope to do just that soon. The next series of shows will be filmed on the Arkansas River so hang on!!!

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

Ronnie Capps
04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't miss us on NBC Sports ch 603 Direct or 151 Dish on Saturday morn at 7am. This should be the air time from now on and the name will change soon from Big Bass Battle to Crappie Time. Thanks so much for all the support and comments. I can't wait to come back to the "chain" and put in a full day then end it at Mt. Dora's Peicies Rising. Hope to see you and have a laugh!!

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie Capps

jvg
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks again for a great show....sure is better than watching someone catch a old green carp.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

splitshot
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Awesome show! Quality filming. The tips and info relayed were great. I learned more in those 30 minutes than from years of other shows that "featured" crappie fishing. It felt like we were on the boat with you guys getting a private lesson. I also appreciate that it was a teaching type show instead of a "hey look at me catch fish" show. I was very impressed and hope that it is a long running success!!! Great work guys!

LFTluresCrappie
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you so much for all the great comments we have received about our new CRAPPIE TIME show. Ronnie Capps is doing a great job as host!

Tune in tomorrow - Saturday - morning at 7am Central Time on NBC Sports - for the 2nd episode of CRAPPIE TIME . Ronnie will share some more great tips on crappie fishing.

DirecTV - channel 603, Dish TV - Channel 151

LFTluresCrappie
04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
CRAPPIE TIME will be listed as Big Bass Battle - but will say CRAPPIE 2 in the information

LFTluresCrappie
04-06-2012, 04:13 PM
The 2nd episode of CRAPPIE TIME will air tomorrow, Saturday, April 7th at 7:00 am Central time on NBC Sports - listed under Big Bass Battle but says Crappie 2 in the info.

LFTluresCrappie
04-06-2012, 07:46 PM
The 2nd episode of CRAPPIE TIME will be tomorrow, Saturday, April 7th at 7:00 am Central Time on NBC Sports. It will be listed in your guide as Big Bass Battle but will say Crappie 2 in the info. Ronnie Capps will be giving out some more great tips! Know if you like to crappie fish, then you will enjoy the show!

LFTluresCrappie
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
CRAPPIE TIME - tomorrow, Sat April 7th - 7:00 am Central Time NBC Sports - listed under Big Bass battle but will say "Crappie 2" in info

splitshot
04-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Just finished watching the second show. Neat watching you guys frying 'em up in the end! Kudos again!!

SteveJ
04-07-2012, 08:12 AM
CRAPPIE TIME - tomorrow, Sat April 7th - 7:00 am Central Time NBC Sports - listed under Big Bass battle but will say "Crappie 2" in info

I forgot about it due to Easter business, will it be rebroadcast? Do you have the shows on the internet, maybe a podcast?

OkieDon
04-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I almost deleted it (I had taped it) after it started because I thought it was a rerun of the first episode. In fact, it looks like you took the same footage and made two shows?? It was only at the end when they compared the fish they caught that I realized it wasn't a rerun. Very disappointing in it but hoping that episode 3 offers something different? Ronnie is a very entertaining host and I'd hate to see all shows being along the same lines. That would get old real quick!

slabbandit
04-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Really enjoyed todays show. If you just pick up a new tip or two every episode that would be great. It's not just another "Hey, watch me catch fish show." Ronnie and his guest are really good at teaching all the little tricks and tips that have taken them years to refine and made them champions. Can't wait for the next show!

crappiemax
04-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I almost deleted it (I had taped it) after it started because I thought it was a rerun of the first episode. In fact, it looks like you took the same footage and made two shows?? It was only at the end when they compared the fish they caught that I realized it wasn't a rerun. Very disappointing in it but hoping that episode 3 offers something different? Ronnie is a very entertaining host and I'd hate to see all shows being along the same lines. That would get old real quick!

I couldn't agree with you more.
I wasn't going to even say anything but if I had a show I would want some input. The only reason I'm saying anything is I want the show to succeed. I hope the show has more variety in the types of waters waters, locations and types of fishing. I learned alot from Mid-West crappie.

OkieDon
04-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.
I wasn't going to even say anything but if I had a show I would want some input. The only reason I'm saying anything is I want the show to succeed. I hope the show has more variety in the types of waters waters, locations and types of fishing. I learned alot from Mid-West crappie.

I couldn't agree with you more! Like I said earlier, I like Ronnie as the host. He's very informative with a touch of humor. Seems down to earth and it's easy to see he's passionate about Crappie fishing. I just hope the show can live up to him! I'd like to see different techniques presented as well. It would be cool to see other Crappie pro's fishing with Ronnie. For example, maybe Ronnie taking a trip and fishing with pro's like Jerry Blake and Roger Gant as well as others.

Personally, I can only sit and watch so many spider rigging shows on the same lake doing the same thing over and over.

Crappiegirl1
04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Wondering where the show went ghis past sat as big bass battle actually aired and NO RONNIE

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SeaRay
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
another post on here said it would alternate every other week with Big Bass Battle. I taped it Sat and it was Big Bass show. Try again next Sat.
SeaRay

duckpunisher
05-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Did they stop the show? I've been recording it but it's only bass fishing. Has anyone one heard anything about it?

crappiefarmer
05-05-2012, 08:27 AM
What the heck happened to the alternating shows. Been just bass fishing for 2 straight weeks.CF

skiptomylu
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Wondered the same thing!:dono

windstone
05-05-2012, 09:12 AM
this has become a fiasco. gonna quite taping all together. maybe someone will post when they get their act together on tv times....

262jp
05-05-2012, 02:04 PM
tried 3 weeks in a row to see crappie fishing. no more big bass bull for me. someone let me know if crappie time ever shows again.

Bronson
05-05-2012, 02:56 PM
tried 3 weeks in a row to see crappie fishing. no more big bass bull for me. someone let me know if crappie time ever shows again.

AGREED! I tape it and watch first 20 seconds and delete it.

LFTluresCrappie
05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
More episodes have been and will continue to be filmed and will air about a month after they are filmed. These shows will air alternately with our Big Bass Battle fishing show on our channels, in random sequence as they are filmed. Both shows will alternate randomly several times each week on the World Fishing Network and Time Warner Cable (in Texas) the rest of 2012, and on NBC Sports (Sat. mornings at 7 am Central) through the end of June. We sincerely appreciate the excellent comments so far from our viewers regarding both fishing shows.

Kman
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
just seems to me that will all the bass shows, and there are hundreds, that one would have to wonder how many different ways you can watch a guy catch a bass. I mean, I can appreciate the skill it takes to do what those guys do, but IF im gonna watch a bass fishing show, it better wow me., It better be Van Dam or one of the top guys just hammerin em or, Ive seen it already and I turn the channel.

But crappie fishin...you dont see it everyday. it could be the dumbest most boring episode out there and if they are crappie fishin, Im watchin. I know I dont represent all of your audience and that many bass fishermen would disagree, but, there are a lot of crappie fishermen and women that WOULD agree.

I wish you the best of luck, youve got a great team heading up your crappie shows with Ronnie.

LFTluresCrappie
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
We are dedicated to CRAPPIE TIME and its future!! We are in it for the long run! The show will get even better and better as time goes on. We just fimed 2 more episodes and they will be airing in a couple of weeks. What you don't know is that Mother Nature hasn't smiled on us with some if our filming in the past!! We have had two complete shoots cancelled due to very severe weather - meaning we lost the production of 4-6 shows that would have already been aired! So we ask you all to hang in there with us, and we promise to deliver a quality crappie show that all of your crappie anglers derseve!! And we got the best crappie angler in Ronnie Capps to be the host!!

Kman
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
We are dedicated to CRAPPIE TIME and its future!! We are in it for the long run! The show will get even better and better as time goes on. We just fimed 2 more episodes and they will be airing in a couple of weeks. What you don't know is that Mother Nature hasn't smiled on us with some if our filming in the past!! We have had two complete shoots cancelled due to very severe weather - meaning we lost the production of 4-6 shows that would have already been aired! So we ask you all to hang in there with us, and we promise to deliver a quality crappie show that all of your crappie anglers derseve!! And we got the best crappie angler in Ronnie Capps to be the host!!

that bein said, I'll be waitin! LOL!

kycreek
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
& so will I :popcorn

bee
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
& so will I

Hanr3
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Ditto!
Now if I could just find the show so I can set my DVR to record it. :popcorn

crappiemax
05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
It is hard to beat mother nature. I hope the show is a success. Bass, I can handle some of that but I'm so tired of so much saltwater fishing.

262jp
05-11-2012, 09:03 PM
any one know if it will be big bass bull or crappie time sat. a,m.

crappiefarmer
05-12-2012, 07:25 AM
It was the Bass show on NBC sports this morning. If this time slot is going away on NBC sports by the end of June, I won't be able see it anymore after that time as that is the only channel that carries it in my area. Crappie Time deserves its own separate time slot. there will only be enough time for 3 or 4 more crappie shows with the time that is left with the alternating shows and the way it has been going lately, there will be no crappie shows.CF

Xpress Fishing
05-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah this is starting to get very disappointing. Tease us with 2 shows then nothing but empty promises of next week it will air then nothing. Kind if a sick joke.

Ronnie Capps
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey Yall !!!

Whew!!!
We have been working very hard to get some shows in the bag so the schedule can be firm. There will be 12 committed Crappie Time Shows injected into the 52 weeks of programming by Lake Fork Trophy Lures which has the Big Bass Battle on NBC Sports. The next show should air near the end of May as I understand. It will be an awesome show where Kelly(my wife) and I travel to Lake Dardanell in AR and compete in the 2 day Crappie Masters Arkansas State Championship. I had never been to this lake before and the show will feature our strategy in finding and catching tournament size fish on this new lake. Check out the excitement and tips that we offer when we get our game together and catch the largest 7 fish bag of the day.

When I have firm confimation of new the Crappie Time show time I will post it for sure. We are surely sorry for the delay in crappie action so hang on tight and thanks so much for the support of all you guys and gals.

Good Fishing with calm winds!!

Ronnie Capps

skiptomylu
05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info Ronnie! I have a friend that lives near that lake. Also I fished for the first time last fall Lake Greeson and we only fished 1/2 day with a guide and did really well with about 60 fish. Beautiful lake and great cabins!

bee
05-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Skip when you get my jigs tied you need to drive up to Maine and show me how to use um. Good show when its on.

skiptomylu
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Skip when you get my jigs tied you need to drive up to Maine and show me how to use um. Good show when its on.

Man that is a long ways now. I would have to fly that far, LOL!

crappiefarmer
05-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey Yall !!!

Whew!!!
We have been working very hard to get some shows in the bag so the schedule can be firm. There will be 12 committed Crappie Time Shows injected into the 52 weeks of programming by Lake Fork Trophy Lures which has the Big Bass Battle on NBC Sports. The next show should air near the end of May as I understand. It will be an awesome show where Kelly(my wife) and I travel to Lake Dardanell in AR and compete in the 2 day Crappie Masters Arkansas State Championship. I had never been to this lake before and the show will feature our strategy in finding and catching tournament size fish on this new lake. Check out the excitement and tips that we offer when we get our game together and catch the largest 7 fish bag of the day.

When I have firm confimation of new the Crappie Time show time I will post it for sure. We are surely sorry for the delay in crappie action so hang on tight and thanks so much for the support of all you guys and gals.

Good Fishing with calm winds!!

Ronnie Capps

Thanks for the update Ronnie. At least we have some idea as to whats going on now.CF

htr2133
05-13-2012, 07:39 PM
all the talk of this show is killing me; we don't have the channels the show is on! is there a legal place to go on-line to view the shows that have aired?

Kman
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
sounds like the show is going to have lots of the info and instructional techniques we requested seeing! Thanks for listening! Look forward to the show!

Kent

shipahoy41
05-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Personally, I loved it and will record all episodes. Anyone who spends more time teaching and explaining than doing commercials gets my vote.

Kman
05-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Personally, I loved it and will record all episodes. Anyone who spends more time teaching and explaining than doing commercials gets my vote.

I hear ya. Thats a tough one to pull off nowadays tho. When you airtime for 52 weeks is over 100K, somebody has to pay for that.

Spawn
05-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I love watching them catch crappie cause watching them catch something besides the same old small and largemouth bass.

BarryG
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing the shows.

skiptomylu
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Well if you record it then you can fast forward through the commercials if you want!

Ronnie Capps
05-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Hey yall !!!!

I just received the schedule for the air dates of the next two Crappie Time Shows. Lake Dardanell show 1 will air on Sat June 16 @ 7am on NBC Sports. Thats 603 on Direct TV. Lake Dardanell show 2 will air June 23 @ 7am on NBC Sports as well. Pass the word for us !

Good Fishing !!

Ronnie Capps

High Tide
05-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the update! I know we're all bias on this site, but I'm looking forward to your show being full-time (hopefully it comes to that). All this focus on Bass fishing and salt water shows for the last 25 years, being an avid walleye and pan fisherman is painful! It's time to break the mold! Good luck with the show, and thanks for continuing to create awareness for such a great fish, both for tournament angling, as well as family outings!
Doug Sikora

Kman
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM
thanks for the update!

Xpress Fishing
05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
The show doesn't air on tv either. They had 2 and then a bunch of talk about what's gonna air but still nothing. As gar as watching the shows online I'm not sure of anywhere that has them.

Ronnie Capps
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Hey Doug !!

Thanks for the reply!

I have had a love for these fine little panfish my entire life since they were the fish my grandfather and I chased in my youngest years on Mississippi River Oxbows and Reelfoot Lake in TN. It has amazed me how much variance there is among successful techniques depending on the lake and time of year. Hopefully I will be able to give some insight from my experience and teach everybody a little something as the shows progress. Keep me posted on what you think would make for an interesting show.

Good Fishing !

Ronnie

Thanks for the update! I know we're all bias on this site, but I'm looking forward to your show being full-time (hopefully it comes to that). All this focus on Bass fishing and salt water shows for the last 25 years, being an avid walleye and pan fisherman is painful! It's time to break the mold! Good luck with the show, and thanks for continuing to create awareness for such a great fish, both for tournament angling, as well as family outings!
Doug Sikora

LFTluresCrappie
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I want to assure everyone that we are totally committed to CRAPPIE TIME for the long run!! We are most thankful for the wonderful responses we are getting about the show and we could not ask for a better host than Ronnie Capps!! He and his lovely wife, Kelly, are just as committed to making this the premiere crappie show on TV.

As I have tried to explain, we had two full TV shoots totally cancelled by Mother Nature - one by severe thunder storms and flooding, and the other by a freak snow storm!! That caused us to lose 4-6 shows that would have been shot and already shown on TV. Weather is not something we can control, and we would rather give up the shoot than place Ronnie and Kelly, our producer and camera crew and all the others involed in making a show in harms way! So please hang in there with us as we already have plans for more new shows

So set your DVRs to record our next two new CRAPPIE TIME shows for Saturday, June 16 and Saturday June 23 at 7am on NBC SPORTS . Both of these new shows were filmed on Lake Dardanelle. Know you will enjoy them!

Again, thanks for all of your wonderful support as we appreciate it very much!

Happy fishing and be safe on the water!

Need 2 catch more
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
I didn't here about the shows until after they aired. Does anyone know if they will air again, if so how we can find out the dates and times of the shows that have already aired? I have the DVR set for future shows (I hope).

As requested in the above post for future shows, I myself would like to see a show on boat control. Most of the fishing shows I have seen the water always seems to be calm. I need to learn to control my boat better on the not so calm days. Just my thoughts.

I would also like to thank Ronnie for sharing his knowledge and expertise