Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 inches of rain forecasted in Clinton area

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 inches of rain forecasted in Clinton area

They are calling for as much as 6 inches of rain in the Truman Lake area this week.
    I will be camping at bucksaw four days at the end of this week and am wondering what all the rain will do to the crappie fishing?
    There is also 5 inches of rain or more in the kc area this week. If the creeks are up and muddy, will the fish head to clearer water or stay put?

Post Thanks / Like

The warm rain will do it good but it turns to muddy to fish. Hopefully its just scattered showers and nothing like what they are talking about. I'm thinking I'm gonna go tommorow and see if they will bite during the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I sure hope we will still be able to find some crappie. But, I have been known to catch a catfish or two in my day if I need to adapt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catfishmerle View Post
    Well, I sure hope we will still be able to find some crappie. But, I have been known to catch a catfish or two in my day if I need to adapt.

Below the dam may not be bad. I heard a guy say they were catching walleye and crappie headed up river towards the dam. If they are letting water out it should be pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

THAT is a lot of rain! Even in a weeks time that's a a lot. I've been out in showers and pouring rain in Northern Michigan fishing for walleye and small mouth without many problems but I didn't have to worry about the muddy water. It's all sand.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We missed a bunch of it today already. It it all came down to the west of us which most that will end up in the lake eventually. Should bring the lake up some.

Post Thanks / Like

It's Truman lake! Crappie are always biting! Just got to find em! Good luck! Hope you catch a few!

Post Thanks / Like

it's hard to say but like hardhead said there alway's biting just gotta go and find out all this rain should make it interesting for sure... people will be able to give you a better answer on saturday about 3:30 at bucksaw marina! good luck, i would say just start dipping tree's! 100 tree's an hour
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure a lot of people are recalculating, however for those of us who haven't been able to pre fish it levels the playing field.
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

young matt seems confident, just make out the check to him it advance, heard he was thinking of changing his name to "beastcrappieman"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast