Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camped This Past Weekend At Bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camped This Past Weekend At Bucksaw

Headed to Truman early Friday morn. Put in at Bucksaw and headed UP. Tried to find a place out of the wind to fish but none looked promising. Wound up fishing the south bank of a creek and caught a lot of very nice fish. Still learning the "spiderrigging" thingy. Best bite was 10 ft down in 14-16 fow. Minnows on gold aberdeen hooks. C&R morning. Went back UP Friday afternoon, fished the same water, and the BIG BITE was on! I had 2 over 16" and several more over 14". Prolly had the best weight for 7 fish I have ever caught! Would have weighed them but I left my scale at home. Fished Sat morn and caught a bunch more but no real big fish. Kept a nice limit. Jackb showed up Sat afternoon and we went UP to catch a few more. Only got to fish a short while as Jackb couldn't get to the lake before 4:30. Managed to catch 11 nice ones. Gave these to our camping neighbors, an older gentleman camping with his wife and grandkids. Got up early Sun morn and headed UP. Fought the wind for a few hours and manged to catch 18 real nice ones to take home. We caught several of these up close to the bank in about 5 fow. Was a great weekend. Caught lots of real nice fish. Can't wait to do it again.

All fish caught on minnows on gold aberdeen hooks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob thanks for the report!!!!!! Sounds like a great weekend despite the wind!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job Bro!!! I bet those 16's were purty!!!!! That riggin gets in your blood. Can't wait to get back up there.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, I had a great time Bob thank you for the spider rigging lesson. Lots of fun to do. I'll replace the weights, hooks and mono I cost you getting hung up, tangled etc. It looks easy and is quite relaxing until all hell breaks loose. Bob even gave me a lesson on how to "count". My side of the boat was 1, 2 and 3. Bob would say Number Three! and of course I grabbed the wrong one. Crappie fishing has always been tough for me and now throw counting in the mix.......I'm sure Bob had his hands full and I appreciate the patience. Thanks again, I had a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bwillaub;1849359], and the BIG BITE was on! I had 2 over 16" and several more over 14". Prolly had the best weight for 7 fish I have ever caught!

I knew when I heard Bob was riggin' there wouldn't be a crappie lift in Truman with out a sore lip Great report Bob I know you and Jack had a good time

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Well Bob, thanks for ANOTHER good fishing report.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Bob and Jack, I hope this rain does not screw it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Bob could put colors on his rods so you won't have to count, Jack......oh wait.... you're color blind too.....

Would love to see a stringer that big one of these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    Maybe Bob could put colors on his rods so you won't have to count, Jack......oh wait.... you're color blind too.....

It's always a good time with Jack.

Would love to see a stringer that big one of these days
    Would enjoy having you in my boat sometime. Just let me know when.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great weekend, put bow ties on them rods and jackb wouldn't even touch them.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast