Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Winter Park, Fenton, Mo. (Meramec River)

Post Thanks / Like

Default George Winter Park, Fenton, Mo. (Meramec River)

Anyone Crappie fish the Meramec River, say from George Winter Park Ramps south to the Mississippi? I think there is a slough right across the ramps at George Winter...just curious if anyone has fished that stretch of the river for Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bails
    Anyone Crappie fish the Meramec River, say from George Winter Park Ramps south to the Mississippi? I think there is a slough right across the ramps at George Winter...just curious if anyone has fished that stretch of the river for Crappie?
    Never have Crappie fished but wanted to tell you if you were not aware...that there is a nice place right off of Meramec Bottom road that is now all State Park land. From Fenton take 141 to 21 North. Just as you pass the bridge make a right. Not even sure if it is marked Meramec Bottom road.
    You will see Butler Lake on the left, which I used to sneak into about 15 years ago. Keep on going and on the right maybe a mile or 2 there is a small opening with a gravel rd on the right that is a walking trail. (Cannot remember the name of the place). Walk down that trail for a bit. Very nice view of the river but I actually think it is backwater or was dredged because it is calm and appears deep. I will post the pics if I can find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joachim Creek....

I just google earthed that area...I don't see a lake...however who knows how old that is.....there is a bend in the river on the right side (across from the pay lake)....which may had changed its course somehow...I'm looking for a place to put my boat in..(something with a ramp)...I may checkout Simpson Lake in Valley Park...also, I have heard that there is good crappie in Joachim Creek...I'm just not sure where to put in.....hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went to the St. Louis Parks and Rec webpage and they have it listed as Lower Meramec I think.

Never caught a fish out of Simpson lake. Never used a boat either though. Joachim Creek I used to catch huge crappie about 20+ years ago. I know they used to have a nice ramp in Herculaneum with good parking. If you go to Herky and launch go left towards the Mississippi. Gets cleaner down that way. I wouldn't eat sh*t out of there though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey X!

Is there a boat ramp on the Lower Meramec...(and that's the spot that I saw on Google Earth too)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lone Elk Res?

How about Lone Elk? Is there a boat ramp there?

Post Thanks / Like

you can only fish Lone Elk with a reservation! They don't let alot of people fish there and it's only c&r!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks.

Thanks B....just looking for some places close....

Post Thanks / Like

i fish out at busch conservation a lot, it can be good fishing once you figure out the lakes. young conservation area has two small lakes, (bank fishing only) and one creek you can hop around in and pull sunfish out with a jig adn an ultralight, it's pretty fun. pyramid state park is always a good time, but it is down in pickneyville, IL. Lake Marshall(?) is north mayeb a half hour, right around cuivre river state park, i haven't heard much about that lake, although there is a boat ramp. i'm here in maplewood, so i'm always looking for close places also.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Fry....

I've caught some dandy's on the Cuivre...Old Monrow....darn thing is too high and too muddy now...I fished there couple weeks ago and I think the fish were bitin' one another...hehe....it's a good hole though...right at the ramp in old monrow down to the bridge....2 lb ers..!!! I use to fish Pyramid years ago...before they opened all the laked up...had to walk the john boat back on wheels to the lakes we fished...dad still goes there alot......just got back from Horseshoe Lake in Southern Il....won't be back there again.....I think Flood 93 ruined that lake...it's a site to see though...really cool...just no fish...had fun at any rate......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast