Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Lake by Knox In

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Lake by Knox In

Any word if the fish are biting? I have never fished this body of water and would like to try it soon. Any suggestions on where to fish at on the lake would help. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't fished it in a couple of years, but used to catch crappie at the far south-east end at cranberry point. It's just a little cove, but has a steep drop-off nearby. There is a bait shop west of the lake on Rte. 10 that has a map and can show you where it is exactly. Be careful running across that lake. Lots of weedbeds, and worse, sandbars less than a foot deep. Try to stay in the channel. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'd call Bass Lake my home lake, and fishing has been ok. Caught a dozen or so crappie, (all over 12") on Tuesday night. The male Walleye are biting also, and you should pick-up a few little guys while crappie fishing. Stay in 10-13' of water, but good luck finding it. Its a real pain in the rear to get to productive water, and after you launch, stay to the right. Do not go due East as you may tear up a prop. Oh, watch what you say to the locals, as they are heavily armed.:D

Post Thanks / Like

spoonplugger,where's a good place to start for the walleye there? and what kinda baits are a goo choice? i havnt fished bass n years but i have a bud who lived near there and weve been talkn about going in the next week or two,any help would be great thanks alot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let you know how things go when I get down there. Thanks for the advice on where to go and how shalloow the lake is. I just put a new prop on this springI don't want to replace it already.And yes I will watch what I say to the locals.:D I see you guys are from the Valpo area any good places to fish your way? (crappies or bluegills)

Post Thanks / Like

havnfun i go to salamonie res,in wabash,it's aboyt 2hrs from valpo.for crappie and cats, havnt been there yet this year but a couple of my buds have and have caught sum nice crappie,sum big and a lot small but it changes day to day,i'll be headn there at the end of may,with about 25 friends so hopefully the big ones are in i'll let ya ll know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by havinfun
    Any word if the fish are biting? I have never fished this body of water and would like to try it soon. Any suggestions on where to fish at on the lake would help. Thanks for the help.

If you want to catch some eyes, bypass Bass lake and head east on Hyw 10 to Culver(Maxintuckee). But on weekends, you best get there early. I have my own favorite spot, where I would say i can catch my limit 80-90% of the time.

I have tried many differant baits, live and artificial. And only one does the trick for me fishing from a boat, no matter what time of yr. A Lindy rig with chartreus blade and leach. Thats tops for me. I have tried crawlers and minnows. But leaches out catch everythying else 10 to 1.....For me that is. I troll slow on each side of my favorite point, back and forth in 12-15' of water along the weedlines. Not caught any monsters yet, mainly14-16". But thems the good eaten size.

I can't ever remember getting skunked after I started using leaches. Before that, i hardly ever caught a walleye. Also, I pick up a few smallies along the way. Dam their fun to catch, fight like a SOB....

Here is a picture of the lindy rig I use. I actually make my own.

Last edited by Charly; 05-16-2006 at 04:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

lake george is a good lake to catch crappies if you're in the valpo area. its located in hobart not far away.
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishburner, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There are a couple of real good spots on Bass. You'll catch crappie and walleye on the break just west of the beach. If you don't get any action there look for the rock piles on the point near the beach. Minnows are the bait of choice, and don't bother with anything fancy, just a 1/16 oz jighead and weight if needed. Night crawlers will work, but you'll end up with a bunch of catfish. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the advice it will sure come in handy when i go to fish Bass Lake. Hope to do it real soon in the next couple of weeks. Will post how things go.

Again Thanks
    Havin Fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast