Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview Lake Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview Lake Walleye

For those of you that like walleye, the conservation guy for longview said that the walleye are allready on the dam, and a couple of guys have brought in some really nice ones. Just an FYI.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Eating Walleye ! I have yet to get on em' since I have lived here in Missouri .

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt. Walleye is amazing eating fish Scott. Just as easy to clean as a crappie or bass as well. Northern's are tasty too, but that Y bone thing is a pain and a half.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catchem32 View Post
    For those of you that like walleye,
    You Don't?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    No doubt. Walleye is amazing eating fish Scott. Just as easy to clean as a crappie or bass as well. Northern's are tasty too, but that Y bone thing is a pain and a half.
    The Northern's Y bone isn't too difficult. key on the link........

How to Fillet Northern Pike & Take Out Y-Bones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    You Don't?
    oh I do, but i didnt want to step on any toes since this is a crapppie site.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report man. I love walleyes. Not much gets me more excited other than a huge crappie, turkey or male whitetail not in that order just depends on what I'm going after at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the Longview walleye report. I fished for walleye at Longview last Friday evening (March 16), used bottom bouncers, but because of the wind I had to troll around some coves straight across from the main marina, and I didn't have a bite. Unable to fish the damn, the flats or the humps (sounds like a personal problem?), it was way too windy for my little boat. If you hear anything more about the walleye bite at Longview or Jacomo that would be great to see a post. If I have any luck with the 'eyes I'll post here as well. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday afternoon the eyes were all over the banks at jacomo! At one time there had to have been 15 fish in a 10 yard square running into each other. Yesterday my father was out there and there was none with the sun being out at that point. My experience which is pretty limited is once they are stacked on the bank it is too late for me to catch them. Seems like when they are to that point they have one thing on their mind and it for sure isnt eating.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be sampling Longview and Jacomo dams the next two weeks for walleye. We'll be out on Monday and Wednesday nights. Always a highlight of the year, the first day out in the field sampling. It also a humbling time for fishermen. Inevitably we'll come along the shoreline and pick up a half dozen right where someone's fishing. They are there, but they have other things on their minds besides feeding. If you are out one of those nights and we happen by, sorry if we disturb your fishing. Those dams are too small to bump around people so excuse our intrusion. We'll get out of your way as soon as possible and you can continue fishing. There is no reason to leave. I've had fish I taggged caught 30 minutes after I released them. Good luck.