Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Friday/Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Friday/Saturday

We put in at Drake Harbor Friday morning went up to the slack water to do a little crappie fishing before going snagging . Several boats already their so we joined the crowd. Started out jigs only, minner bucket blew out of the boat on the way down.That thing had road in the same spot no telling how many trips ,just its time I guess.
    Bite was slow for us ,talked to a few others seemed kind of slow to them also,they weren't moving any water. But we did manage a few . Debbie's came on a pank sparkle tube jig , mine on black an pank.Most fish seemed to be out by the Chanel and deep but I don't think it mattered much where just close to the bottom.
    Talked to a feller who was pull'n out,said he'd been there all morning got 12 keepers , he asked if we wanted he's minners he had left over, told him minner bucket blew out ,then decided to take'm and just pored them in my live well.Then talked to another feller that was pull'n out and he offered us his one keeper he got, said ya be glad to take it.So with the freebee,6 keepers ,3 for Deb ,2 for Me.Add in anther 6 short fish and a Beautiful morning,nice to be out.
    Headed back to Drake .Walked up to little debs got some Lunch. Then out to do some snagging.
    Snagged tell dark no spoonbill.
    Met up with some friends Saturday morning to do some snagging.Snagged from 730 tell 1 no spoonbill.So to the Rusty skillet this time for lunch . They wanted to snag some more , Loy's wife told him to bring home a spoonbill or be in for it when he got home seems she likes the taste of them real well,so they went and picked up there boat to do some more snagging ,and me and Debb headed back up to the slack water to try for a few more Crappie.
    Pretty much the same as the day before, sept it was a tie today 3 for Debb 3 for me and only 4 short fish.
    Great time with good friends,Beautiful weather ,New trolling motor is Bad Azz . Had a heck of a lot of fun!!
    Hears a few Pic's of the results .

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Still a Great day!

Post Thanks / Like

got some for the skillet,and a couple of real nice days on the water.life is good.

Post Thanks / Like

did you see any spoonbill on any other boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lmt out View Post
    did you see any spoonbill on any other boats?
    We did ,and marked a lot of big fish on the sonar ,we'll be back down in a couple weeks to give it another shot

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

heck man sounds like a pretty great time, y'all got to visit, get fish, have a few laughs,,, live is good... congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a work out go after them spoonbills. It sounds like a great time with wife and friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to get out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Thats a work out go after them spoonbills. It sounds like a great time with wife and friends.
    yes it is and yes it was

From an old movie I saw